Claims Resolution and Field Inspection
- Coordinate team of Regional Field Technical Specialists to conduct on-site roof inspections on warranty claims in a safe and timely manner.
- Develop, define, and communicate documentation standards for field product claim inspections including evaluation of all site condition impacting roof performance including ventilation and general construction quality. Ensure team execution to standards.
- Develop, define, and communicate standards for roofing workmanship as basis for warranty coverage and contractor evaluation. Create documentation of workmanship for projects with OC workmanship coverage. (Platinum & Preferred extended warranties). Ensure team execution to those standards.
- Review and evaluate inspectionreports provided by customers, third party providers, and OC Field Technical Specialists.
- Provide point of contact to maintain proper documentation on customer related claims.
- Act as field representative/project authority on major claims.
- In all activities, be safe and be a leader for roof safety practices.
- Provide leadership on technical and product application issues. Be the authority for the business on application questions and clearly communicate positions to all stakeholders. Support the field technical specialists, legal team, and warranty team on critical escalated technical inquiries.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate technical bulletins and standards pertaining to roof installation.
- Partner with program management and legal team to develop warranty language.
- Develop & update scripts for our customer call center.
- Author letters & technical bulletins (certification, deviation, application & warranty exceptions).
- Provide technical support to marketing team for communications, trade shows, and product demonstrations.
- Author written responses to code officials and customers regarding product use, application, and performance as required.
- Develop technical training programs for roofing contractors, sales, and customers and contractors to be delivered by field technical specialists.
- Conduct hands-on product application training for sales, business leaders, suppliers, contractors, customer service, & customer response teams.
New Product Development
- Provide input on new product development and product applications to assure that new products can be properly and easily installed in the field.
- Write application instructions for new products and systems.
- Provide clear, timely communications to all stakeholders regarding inspection status, claims status, product technical and application standards, contractor performance, product changes, packaging changes, new products, etc. This includes coordinating with sales, legal team, plant personnel, and product managers as well as the warranty team.
- Develop and communicate clearly defined technical and application bulletins to sales and customers.
- Accountable for the safety of the Field Specialist team
- Set safety standards for roof access, ladders, travel, etc. and assure they are clearly defined, understood, and followed.
Leading and Developing Talent
- Teach and challenge regional team of field technical specialists to develop proficiency as product and application experts.
- Develop roles to create opportunities with strong accountability and development, to most effectively support our customers
- Create an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people
- Emphasize team member development to build talent bench strength
- Effectively create and fill openings with the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance and longer-term succession needs
- Recognize, assess and select top talent
- Encourage teamwork across the team and business to maximize performance
- Is regarded by employees as a role model for growth, development and conduct
- Metrics include: talent acquisition, succession planning, turnover, employee and survey feedback
- Education – Technical DegreePreferred (Engineering, Sciences or Architecture)
- Ability to safely access steep-slope roofs for inspection and/or forensic analysis
- Ability to travel 30-40% of time
- 10+ years in the roofing industry. Experience in residential roofing preferred.
- Preference is given to those with direct experience/knowledge of asphalt shingle installation and prescribed good roofing practices or substantial technical service experience.
- Knowledge of steep and low-slope roofing practices, installation, and detailing is preferred.
- Building Materials Industry Knowledge - Is current with industry trends and the likely direction that codes and standards are moving towards for existing and new technology offerings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Customer Orientation – has an external (outside-in) orientation and understanding that all business opportunities start with knowledge of how to create value for a customer.
- Self-starter – able to engage and execute work streams in an independent fashion with broad guidance and latitude.
- Adaptability – able to respond quickly to the demands of the moment. A flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work pull in many different directions at once. Maintains effectiveness in a variety of environments.
- Communication - clearly conveys relevant information and ideas with confidence and in a manner that inspires the audience and ensures there is an understanding of the message. Seeks to understand others through active listening. Able to drive to resolution in conflict situations.
- Judgment – able to serve the needs of the customer while protecting Owens Corning interests through the application of technical knowledge and judgment. Knows when to engage others to resolve issues.
- Organization – Able to organize work effectively and ensure proper resourcing, prioritization and documentation of multiple demands, in a high pace environment, across the team.