- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
? Lead a team of field investigators responsible for the conduct of interviews and background checks that help to ensure the safety and security of the nation.
? Provides expert instruction, interpretation and feedback to team members.
? Develops and delivers instructional and performance design and mentoring applications via WebEx, telecom, or in person group meeting.
? Provides direct and indirect support of field investigators.
? Meets with SCIS user communities to determine and assist in the design and development of effective quality and training programs to enhance investigator understanding, application and efficiency.
? Ensure leads are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with investigative standards.
? Ensure that investigative reports are compiled consistently in a clear, concise report on a standardized reporting format.
? Meet team quality, timeliness, and production metrics
? Interact with regional director, program manager, and case review officers to ensure timeliness and thoroughness of investigations.
? Assist in obtaining field work in a rapid, time-sensitive work environment.
? May be asked to assist with temporary details (TDYs) to high-need areas, dependent upon workload demands.
? Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- At least 18years of age.
- Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance based on an SSBI and able to obtain the requiredsecurity clearance and successfully passed an adjudicated SSBI clearance.
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements.
- Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Minimum of three (3) years within the last ten (10) years of investigations experience at the federal, state, or local level of government
- Minimum of five (5) years background investigation work experience, leadership experiencepreferred
- Background and experience with mentoring principles and training design and development preferred
- Experience with metrics tools, processes, and delivery assurance
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all required training
- Ability to cover a local territory of approximately a 50 mile radius from home residence
- Must have the ability to travel 100% of the time with coverage area that consists of assigned geography. Will require vehicle travel and may require air, train or other commercial travel methods.
- Willingness to travel on temporary duty assignments as needed (by car or plane)
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the requirededucation on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.