Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with hundreds of thousands of miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management and enterprise intelligence data for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
Seegrid currently has an opening for a Field Systems Engineer. The Field Systems Engineer is part of the Field Department and is a customer facing role with a focus on escalated service and product reliability. The Field Systems Engineer works closely with product and engineering teams to analyze, evaluate, and improve products and debug the complex, multidisciplinary issues around all aspects of Seegrid's products. This position is a key part of our service organization and requires clear communication with individuals from different backgrounds and departments.
- Resolves Customer issues in relation to maintenance and application of Seegrid's Products
- Supports issues escalated by field service technicians, provides technical guidance to field service team
- Conceive and implement solutions to complex problems using engineering principles
- Originates and develops analysis methods to determine reliability of Vision Guided Vehicle components, equipment and processes
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or database and correlates the data for analysis using well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures
- Develops or adjusts the PM Programs, troubleshooting guides and repair procedures as necessary
- Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements
- Conducts analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the required reliability approach. Consideration must include items such as equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs, availability of materials/equipment and their criticality
- Initiates elemental engineering studies into equipment/process failures and presents analysis details, options and suggested & expected benefits to the Customer Service and Engineering teams for approval/feedback
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering preferred or related discipline with 3+ years of experience required
- Experience with product design, including manufacturing methods, revision control and functional performance is required, including production documentation of drawings, software and BOM's
- Detail oriented and demonstrated understanding and discipline of applying engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work effectively with customers and field service personnel to diagnose and remedy field issues
- Ability to work long hours in noisy and busy environments
- Strong customer interface with commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally and maintain a clean driving record - Passport is required
- Must be a highly responsible individual who can work independently and with minimal supervision.