ZT Systems is an established multibillion-dollar company, and a technology industry veteran with over 22 years in business. One of America’s fastest-growing private companies, ZT has grown at more than twice the industry average for the past 5 years. Headquartered in the USA with global manufacturing spanning the US, EMEA and APAC, ZT engineers hyperscale compute and storage solutions that are tailored to the unique workloads and business needs of our global datacenter customers. We are passionate about delivering the highest quality solutions and exceeding customer expectations. Here at ZT, we recognize hard work, commitment, leadership, and results, and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of highly talented individuals. Join us at this critical growth inflection point as we engineer the hardware infrastructure powering a world of cloud computing, cloud storage, artificial intelligence and machine to machine transactions.
Megatrends Driving Our Industry
By 2020, more than 7 billion people and businesses, and at least 35 billion devices, will be connected to the internet. A new world of digital business and enhanced human connectivity is emerging, enabled by innovations in artificial intelligence, natural language interfaces, virtual/enhanced reality, and the Internet of Things. In fact, Gartner projects that the shift to the “cloud” will affect over $1 Trillion in IT spending by 2020. To deliver on the promise of these transformative technologies, today’s largest cloud providers require ever more powerful, efficient, and workload-optimized hardware infrastructure. With the proven ability to deliver these solutions, ZT Systems is well positioned as the design, manufacturing and logistics partner of choice for hyperscale compute and storage customers.
The Field System Engineer is responsible for engineering hyperscale compute solutions. This person will be responsible for designing customer offerings involving systems mgmt. software integrated with server and storage system products to solve customer issues. The responsibilities for this position include working directly with customers, marketing, and core technology suppliers to understand and solve technical problems facing the customer.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Executes hyperscale server technology strategies based on technical and business footprint of the customer.
- Coordinates internal and external integration of system level engineering strategy.
- Develops long-term technical relationships with the core technology ecosystem. The relationships should create a technical interface, driving those requirements into next generation designs.
- Identifies and develops differentiation opportunities.
- Work directly with customers on integration and deployment of new server hardware including configuring of BIOS, PXE, UBoot, IPMI, and RAID.
- Determine how to solve performance/operational problems and deliver business value.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of server architecture, system level design engineering, and an understanding of shared infrastructure management.
- Knowledge of new product development life cycle and cross-functional development efforts from concept to planning to development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, setting priorities and managing to committed schedules.
- Ability to create detailed architecture specifications and drive business cases for new products and features.
- Strong understanding of network/server technologies and the challenges associated with delivering networked/server based applications.
- Working knowledge of multiple server operating systems including (Windows2003/2008, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Citrix, Mac, UNIX, AS/400, Mainframe, and mid-range systems.
- Knowledge of Server Virtualization Solutions (VMware, Citrix or Microsoft).
- Knowledge of software driver implementation, IP schemas and network protocols
- Innovates and develops intellectual property.
- Excellent communication, social, commercial and negotiation skills.
- Leadership of feasibility studies of system level concepts.
- Rapid prototype technologies.
- Minimum BSEE/BSCE/BSCS, preferredMSEE/MSCE/MSCS.
- 1+ years of system engineering experience.
- 1-2 years of experience coding with Python and C++
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.