The Precision Cooling System Specialist is the highest grade of Field Support Engineer. Field Support Engineers are product experts that provide input into technical training, technical documentation and manuals, They help customers resolve precision cooling problems that no one else can solve as a resource of escalation. They are instrumental in managing the Field Trial process for introducing new products to the field. They perform factory Start Up of XD and potentially other product lines that are more highly technical than typical Liebert models. The Precision Cooling System Specialist must be able solve problems with minimal technical support as they are considered the product expert.
- Supervise Field Trials - scheduletraveldates with customers, coordinate on-site training with local support staff, resolve one-of-a-kind technical issues
- Resolve customer problems where Liebert equipment is not meeting expectations - these problems may be application-related where the equipment is being asked to do something it wasn't designed for and other technicians have failed to resolve the issue. Maintain positive relationships sales and customers by maintaining customer satisfaction with Liebert products
- Coordinate, supervise and perform factory Start Up of key products
- Participate on New Product Development (NPDP) teams:
- Provide serviceability feedback to engineering during the design process
- Review and contribute to technical training material
- Review and contribute to technical manuals
- Provide feedback to the factory for potential product quality and reliability issues
- Informally train local support staff (including customer maintenance personnel, 3 rd party contractors, or Liebert associates) on how to maintain equipment after issues have been resolved
- Provide telephone Diagnostic Engineering support during peak call periods when other Diagnostic Engineering resources are not available.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS :
? Position reports to the Field Support Manager
? This position does not supervise others directly, however they must supervise 3 rd party and customer maintenance staff as they resolve individual customer issues.
- Interacts with Engineering Participates on New Product Development (NPDP) teams
- Interacts with Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality to resolve quality problems
- Interacts with Local Sales Offices to maintain customer relationships
- Interacts with all of Precision Cooling Support department
- Interacts with Operations to coordinate delivery schedules of product for Factory Start Up.
- Interacts with local Service Providers to ensure quality product support after jobs are completed.
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Ability to travel 75%
- Ability to work unusual hours such as weekend and nights based on customer requirements
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues with Liebert precision cooling equipment at an "EXPERT LEVEL" as determined by Precision Cooling Support management.
- EPA refrigerant license certification
- Drivers license and passport are required
- This is a physical position requiring good physical condition and the ability to climb stairs and ladders, lift potentially heavy objects safely, walk considerably around customer sites, etc.
- Completion of all available Product Training Classes, especially iCOM, and new products
- Excellent customer service, communication and diplomacy skills
- Highly Proficient with electrical / electronic test equipment
- Proficient with technical schematics and diagrams
- 'Craftsman' level brazing skills
- Ability to perform any repair or modification to Liebert precision cooling equipment
- Ability to network the controls of major product lines (including DS, XD, CRV) and set up teamwork, lead-lag
- Experience with CANBus communication
- Ability to connect Liebert Precision cooling equipment with various building management systems (BMS) and knowledge of common BMS communication protocols
- Familiarity / sensitivity to the Liebert product sales business model of Liebert / REP / Contractor / End User - IT Operator
- Familiarity with the new DA125 and the principals of pumped refrigerant economization
- 5 years experience with Liebert Precision Cooling Equipment plus 4-yr degree in HVAC Engineering
- 10 years experience as a technician with Liebert Precision Cooling Equipment
- Customer commendations are common for other individuals in this position where Precision Cooling System Specialists have resolved issues that the customer was unable to solve
- Timely completion of projects is required
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.
We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers' business possible.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .