Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Subject Matter Expert acts as an industry and or client expert. At this level, a SME must be the expert in all technical aspects of all systems and processes. The SME must be able to diagnose/resolve any and all site or system related issues either remotely or on site. In this role you will be responsible for installation documentation and training of new installers. A SME will be required to take/pass required certification programs through client corporate office.
- Be available to provide Quality Assurance when needed and to test/confirm installs to ensure that all of the correct components have been installed
- Diagnose Solves technical issues at 2nd and 3rd level. Escalates to development when needed.
- Provide technical assistance and remote troubleshooting support to our CE’s and Installation Team
- Provide support for everything from networking and communication products to network and systems equipment—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Be our go-to when there’s a problem or incident. You’ll respond to all customer concerns by handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, territory manager, or controller to do so—making sure things are fully resolved to the customer’s liking (in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course).
- Unbridle your manual skills to make repairs and replace components on equipment such as PCs, workstations, kiosks, peripherals, printers, POS systems, and ATMs. You’ll also be assisting in site preparation, including installation of cable and the staging and testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all NCR assets used in the delivery of customer services (that’s tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you’ll maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experiences. Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data. Partners with CE Team Lead and Customer Engineer Specialist on mentoring and assisting CE(I)s and CE(II)s.
- Provide assistance to the CES community in support of employees in order to resolve customer issues. Aid the CETL in providing performance feedback on employees, strengthening teamwork culture, and fostering open and effective communications
- Very good communication skills (Speaking and writing)
- Excellent customer service, communication and listening skills
- The ability to interact with customers at all levels
- Ability to handle pressure, working efficiently in a challenging and demanding environment.
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- 4-8years of related experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to manage your own time and workload
- To be able to work well within a team
- Independent worker
- Basic project management knowledge