Philips is seeking a Field Support Engineer for the Quebec and surrounding regions. This role will support Patient Care Monitoring Services. You need to reside in the territory.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to
Join Philips Healthcare as a Field Support Engineer where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! As part of the Customer Services organization, you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach that will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for (but not limited to):
- Responsible for identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate Service and Sales personnel
- Maintaining customer satisfaction is the primary goal
- Engineer must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results prioritized by Service Management or the customer
- Acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information
- Refers information to the appropriate person (applications, sales, etc.). Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company, products, etc with the customer. Establishes credibility and trust.
- Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
- Focuses on fixing the customer as well as the equipment. Sets realistic customer expectations. Interfaces primarily with customer on various levels on routine issues
- Actively participates as a member of one or more regional empowered work teams.
- Puts the team ahead of individual needs and displays a positive attitude
- Operate under the required knowledge of regulatory requirement (Federal and Provincial Radiation performance standards, registration, Quality Systems Regulations, regulations and regulations. Adheres to established quality requirements, (Health Canada- ISO13485), and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
- Manages company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, RMA’s, A/R’s, customer purchase orders, equipment, company vehicle, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policies/guidelines including timesheets, service tickets, expense reports, FCOs, preventative maintenance, and other related paperwork
- Able to perform as a primary field service employee for at least one entire modality at non-luminary accounts
- Assesses situations and makes an optimal and speedy decision despite limited information. Solves problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of all the issues
- Diagnoses & resolves equipment problems.
- Provides required preventative maintenance, factory modifications, normal installations and service.
- Utilizes the call escalation process and communicates customer issues to optimize customer uptime and satisfaction while maintaining ownership of the issue.
- Installs products on which they have been trained (which may include uncrating, removal of packing materials, assisting in transporting equipment to installation site, mechanical assembly, and electrical hook-up in accordance with product wiring diagrams, technical documentation and corporate directives). Also includes final calibration, testing and clinical training. Completes all appropriate installation related reports
To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineering technician or technologist diploma
- Must be comfortable with extensive travel
- Strong communication in French ad English
- Minimum 4 years servicing electronic equipment
- Experience with mechanical devices, tools, and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter
- Experience / Knowledge of telecommunication systems.
- Must possess fundamentals of Dicom & Networking.
- CCNA certification a definite asset
- Experience with Medical devices such as Patient Monitoring, Life Safety Devices, etc.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionality.
- Proficient in Networking and wireless systems
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.