Field Support Engineer
The Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation’s customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team.Otheractivities of the Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment.
- Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics.
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in automotive, paper, steel, cement, food & beverage, water/waste water industry.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Technology.
- Proficiency in PLC and HMI programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000 and RSView32 and/or RSView ME/SE desired.
- Reliance AutoMax knowledge.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.