Field Solutions Manager
McCarthy believes that companies that understand and adopt value-addedtechnology solutions will realize efficient operations, improved employee engagement, highercustomer satisfaction and ultimately a competitive advantage over our competition. The Construction Technology Manager is a regional-focused, Operations-centric technologist focused on driving the effective use of McCarthy’sportfolio of tools, as well as uncovering new opportunity to applytechnologysolutions to solve real business problems. The CTM works closely with divisional BIM/VDC teams as well as Corporate IT to ensure all available tools are setup and used effectively through the project life cycle. Examples of recent CTM implementations include -
- Bluebeam ‘Boot Camp’ Webinar Series
- BIM 360 Field Custom Quality Reporting Design/Development
- Laser Scanning
- Facilitate Divisional Technology Summits / Hackathons
- Annual Operations Technology Planning Sessions
- Reality Capture Solutions for Construction (Scanning, Photospheres, Industrial Video)
- Tools for self-perform parking structure operations (Embed Verifications, Electronic Pour Cards)
- Standardized Digital Document Solutions
- Drones in Construction
Responsibilities / Functions
- Act as a technology evangelist within the organization. Continuously promote the successful uses of technology tools by individuals and teams within the division, across the company, with our clients, and across the industry.
- Develop strong relationships with the business leadership, promoting greater understanding of available technologysystems/services, helping to alignment understanding of McCarthy’s technology strategy.
- Facilitate the technology planning and startup processes with project and divisional leaders, ensuring appropriate budgets and resources are allocated to support the effective use of existing and new tools.
- Develop and execute technology-focused marketing and awareness programs. Ensure divisional Operations groups understands what technology solutions are available and what value they offer.
- Develop and facilitate the delivery of technology training programs, including a mix of in-person, web-based, and self-taught offerings.
- Through in-person engagements at the jobsite, develop relationships with project teams, especially with influencers who can drive advancements in the use of technology.
- Partner with functional groups across alllevels of the division to uncover pain points and opportunities for improvement.
- Act as contributing partner within McCarthy’s overall Field Solutions, BIM/VDC, and IT network. Develop and share best practices across division lines, support company level initiatives, and eliminate duplicate or inconsistent evaluations and implementations of technology tools.
- Act as a divisional ambassador to the rest of McCarthy’s IT organization. Help the business understand what IT systems and services are available, and communicate challenges and opportunities for improvement back to the applicable IT departments.
- Develop and implement technology adoption strategies which promote the best practice use of technology solutions that McCarthy has invested in.
- Be an outlet for functional support on implemented solutions. Identify and connect resources and expertise within the organization.
- Maintain a pulse on technology trends impacting our industry. Understand current capabilities and future roadmaps for major technology vendors servicing the industry, and make recommendations on additional research/piloting efforts.
- Strike a balance between driving effective use of current tools, and evaluating and driving implementation of new capabilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of constructionexperience – ideally in on site construction management
- Understandingof the current state of people, processes and technology tools within the industry today, especially the challenges facing our teams in the field.
- Communication – demonstrates the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization, from the foreman and superintendents, to the project engineers and PMs, to the Directors and Executive level team.
- Lean Thinker – always focused on continuous improvement. Has demonstrated the development and deployment of improved ways of working through the effective use of technology
- Training – has acted as in the trainer role for one or more technology solution, whether across projects or within a project team.
- Experience in Bluebeam, Digital Documents, and BIM 360 Field preferred
- Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD experience is a plus, though not required