Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 45 days ago
SHI has an opportunity available as a Field Solutions Engineer in our Enterprise Solutions Group (ESG) department!
This individual will work as a technology generalist who will be customer facing and will uncover and develop opportunities. The Field Solutions engineer will take a consultative approach to data center, edge, core, cloud, security, and will understand how that technology enables business.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Builds the region/territory based on strategic account planning done in collaboration with the Account Executive and extended team
• Will interface with multiple layers of contacts within an organization, including but not limited to CIO, IT Directors, CTO, Application Managers, Technical admins, etc.
• Builds deep relationships and trust with customers and owns the technical side of customer relationships.
• Must develop relationships with local technology community (MFG’s and SHI Partners), and the appropriate customer technical personnel to establish market credibility and ensure the sales team understands the customer's on-going enterprise needs.
• Identify opportunities based on customer business needs and develop the appropriate solutions to solve for those business needs
• Account retention and penetrating multiple lines of business in existing accounts
• Present technology solutions effectively and articulate how those solutions translate to clear business benefits
• Demonstrates leadership to ensure that the SHI’s recommended enterprise solutions are comprehensive, achieve customer expectations and meet customer business needs and planning.
• Assist the Account Executive with ROI/TCO models
• Assist the Account Executive with final proposal documentation based on standard templates
• Attending meetings with business development managers and acting as a technical expert
• Responsible for driving the sales process of the solution, including identifying the opportunity, qualifying, forecasting, decision making criteria, design and closing
• Responsible for the Infrastructure Solutions sales quota in supported territory
• Sales cycle management
• Pipeline and opportunities management
• Focused on delivering a world class customer experience according to SHI standards. .
• Educate and develop sales teams on Infrastructure Solutions selling
• Product training and positioning
• Stay current on new technology, trends and market behavior and how they relate to customer business needs
Travel as needed, as determined by business needs and SHI management
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
• Passion for technology
• Strong business acumen
• Possess organizational skills
• Previous experience in a sales position and experience in services selling with strong sales skills and talents
• Abilities to understand business challenges and translate those to potential opportunities and technical solutions
• An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand
• Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the technical industry (Security Solutions, Edge, Core & Cloud, BC/DR, Virtualization, Storage, etc.)
• Proven history of strong relationships with customer and vendor partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills.
• Ability to assume a leadership role for the team
• Must be able to drive multiple opportunities at once
• Demonstrated strong technical knowledge and consultative skills
• Experience with leading group trainings
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Ability to travel as required by business needs/SHI management