Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $7.5 billion global provider of information technology products and services. From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
SHI has an exciting job opportunity available in our Corp Advanced Solutions department as a FieldSolutions Engineer. This individual will work as a technology generalist who will be customer facing and will uncover and develop opportunities. The FieldSolutions engineer will take a consultative approach to data center, edge, core, cloud,security, and will understand how that technology enables business.
- Responsible for the Data Center sales quota in supported territory
- Pipeline management and ownership for Data Center opportunities
- Account retention and penetrating multiple lines of Data Center business in existing accounts
- Develop and execute strategy for top prospects
- The Solutions Executive will interface with multiple layers of contacts within an organization, including but not limited to CIO, IT Directors, CTO, Application Managers, etc.
- Responsible for driving the sales process of the solution, including identifying the opportunity, qualifying, forecasting, decision making criteria, and closing
- Builds the region/territory based on strategic account planning done in collaboration with the account executive and extended team
- Demonstrates leadership to ensure that the SHI’s recommended enterprise solutions are comprehensive, achieve customer expectations and meet customer business needs and planning.
- Builds deep relationships and trust with customers and owns the technical side of customer relationships.
- Focused on delivering a world class customer experience according to SHI standards. .
- Must develop relationships with Local Technology Community (MFG’s and SI Partners), and the appropriate customer technical personnel to establish market credibility and ensure the sales team understands the customer's on-going enterprise needs.
- Educate and develop sales teams on Data Center selling
- Product training and positioning
- Data Center sales cycle management
- 1x1 and time with team ensuring value prop, resource usage, opportunity development and visibility to Data Center business (Corp / District / Rep)
- Stay current on new technology, trends and market behavior
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
- 2 years + Experience working in complex Data Center sales opportunities
- 3-5 years Previous IT Administrator/Management experiencedesired
- Previous experiencesupporting Enterprise, SLED and Higher Education organizations desired
- Advanced knowledge of servers, storage, networking and virtualization regarding their impact on the business
- Knowledge of Converged Infrastructure of servers, storage, networking and virtualization regarding their impact on the business
- Ability and desire to work within a team environment, and at times independently
- Proactive mindset. Sales mentality.
- Highly organized individual
- Deep Familiarity with the RFP process and possess a winning record
- Experience with Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and High Availability Solutions (backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, active/active, clustering)
- Strong knowledge of Virtualization technologies, Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization (i.e. VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, VDI)
- Expertise in mainstream storage technologies to include: Dell/EMC, NetApp, HPE, Pure Storage
- Public and Private Cloud Solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong documentation skills to include system/network diagrams and presentations (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to train and disseminate information within an Area or Operation.
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.