Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. ISS develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures. With Polaris Alpha, no job is too large or too small.
In this position, the engineer will be responsible for understanding customer information challenges and creating unique solutions to address those challenges. This will be the second member of an engineering team at HQ PACAF with field FSRs collecting requirements and communicating them back to HQ. The work environment is fast-paced with rapidly changing priorities, which requires the engineer to be flexible and focused.
• Create, maintain, configure, and upgrade client data domains.
• Support the installation, integration, configuration, administration, and maintenance of data analysis and visualization products at the customer location, including server hardware and/or VMs, operating systems, DBMS, and analysis and visualization software.
• Support client user communities to include training, help desk assistance, and assistance in the generation of analytical products.
• Develop custom applications configuring analysis and visualization products, libraries, and components.
• Serve as a corporate representative for demonstrating ISS capabilities to the organization and visitors.
• Analyze client requirements, data sources, infrastructure, and gaps to develop comprehensive solutions using data analysis and visualization products.
• Serve as a user advocate throughout the development process by monitoring and representing client change requests and software bugs reports while providing client follow-up.
• Provide basic hands-on system administration support based on direction from the CONUS reach-back system administration team.
• On occasion, support business development activities to include providing contact opportunities and supporting proposals.
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, preferably in Computer Science, IT, or related technical discipline. A combination of formal coursework, experience, and certifications may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Knowledge of relational database concepts.
• Competency in XML and its application in the storage and transmission of data.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows-based operating systems.
• Confidence and competence in oral presentation skills with the aid of visual references.
• Competency in the use of support tools such as Microsoft Office, Notepad++, Tortoise SVN, VMware vSphere.
• Able to communicate technical or domain-specific ideas to non-technical or general audiences external to the domain.
• Aptitude for technical troubleshooting.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
• Experience creating custom web-based visualizations
• Experience using WebTAS as a data collection tool (when CIDNE can't be used)
• Experience merging data sources to drive one visualization
• Able to write WebService calls to external systems
• Solid understanding of database concepts
• Demonstrated ability to handle a dynamic environment where priorities consistently shift
• Ability to deliver high visibility products (directly supporting 4-star efforts) in a short time period
• Understand CIDNE capabilities and structure
• Ability to stay current with emerging technologies
• Self-started who identifies a risk/problem and initiates activity to address it without being prompted
• Able to work on a geographically dispersed team and help others or ask for help when needed
• Can perform system administration tasks with guidance from CONUS-based system administrators
• Supporting Web-enabled Temporal Analysis System (WebTAS) in an operational environment.
• Use and administration of DBMS such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
• Administration of server operating systems.
• Database design.
• Programming or scripting languages.
• Software Requirements Development.
• Conducting Software Training.