The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Field Engineer:
- Deskside Support which includes
- In depth knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System
- Experience in imaging desktops/ laptops
- Experience in troubleshooting VPN connectivity
- Experience in providing support for Office 2016 / O365 applications
- Experience in troubleshooting cabling issues and be able to install data drops and run their associated cabling to the patch panel
- Asset Inventory Support
- Conduct physical inventory of assets
- Conduct scheduled and random electronic inventories
- Process computer equipment for excess and disposition
- Maintain accurate asset records for all Government property for which the engineer is responsible
- Disposal Preparation Support
- Ensure disposal policies and procedures are employed
- Ensure every device is wiped/degaussed prior to site removal
- Video Conferencing and Audio/Video O&M
- Troubleshoot system problems and repairs
- Work with support staff for remote troubleshooting and repairs
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and Video Conference units
- Set up, ensure functionality, be available during events and shut down video conferences
- Experience with Crestron, VIQ applications and Cisco VTC equipment is a plus.
- Local On-Site Cabling
- Restart wiring closet cabling electronics including switches or other network devices
- Replace defective cabling electronics and simple replacement of defective cabling electronics and components such as switch blades
- Experience in providing support for peripheral devices to include but not limited to printers and mini-switches.
- Account Management Services
- Server Support which includes
- Experience with DHCP, Print Servers, Active Directory 2008\2012
- Experience with server hardware in order to assist with the replacement of defective parts.
- Experience with SCCM is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills: Written and Verbal
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requires Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent and 5+ years of related experience.