As a Field Service Supervisor, you willdirectly manage service technicians. This includes but is not limited to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Above all, you will use your communication and active listening skills to provide customers with exceptional service.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Coordinates team member activities to ensure individual and team goals are consistently achieved; ensures team members are working up to the highest standards in all aspects of their positions; conducts regular meetings with assigned service technicians to review company policy and procedures, performance, quality and safety statistics
- Monitors, through various reports, the skills and work performance of each assigned service technician
- Enforces procedures concerning use and recording of results of testing equipment and/or appropriate manufacturer and Star Gas instructions; enforces use of personal protective equipment (PPE); monitors safety performance of each assigned service technician and takes corrective action as appropriate
- Ensures service technicians utilize Quality Service Skills in all interactions with customers; conducts ride-a-longs with service technicians; conducts post-service call audits on a routine basis; reviews third party surveys with technicians
- Provides customer service support, as necessary; responds to customer inquiries and problems in a timely manner; resolves excessive consumption problems
- Stays abreast of industry technological developments and conveys this knowledge to team members
- Attends District safety meetings; interfaces effectively with other Star Gas departments; oversees CARE issues when a supervisor is mandated on-site
- Promotes a safe work environment
- Promotes and supports the brand
As a Field Service Supervisor, you must possess the ability to function equally well in both a team environment and independently. You must also be highly detail-oriented and focused with a flexible and adaptable nature. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with both customer and co-workers.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Seven to ten years related HVAC experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Exceptional Leadership skills a MUST!
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record also required.