Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Field Service Representative to work independently or as part of a team based on customer contract requirements. Excellent communications skills in English is a must. Technical skills will be considered the foundation of this position. This position will be focused on integrated mine hoist systems, including power distribution, electrical drives, motors, braking systems and control systems. This person will need to be self-motivated and self-directed to accommodate the numerous customer responsibilities.
- The successful candidate will join our project team in the delivery of a state of the art, integrated multi-hoist system for a key mining customer in Sudbury, Ontario.
- This role will be the key point of contact for all technical aspects after the system start-up as well as leading the maintenance program for the hoist systems.
- They will have responsibility, with support from an extended team, to ensure the mine hoisting systems are operational and meeting performance, and availability and utilization targets.
- They will coordinate extended team meetings of hoist subject matter experts to;
- Analyze previous week performance (uptime, maintenance, unplanned trip outs)
- Institute operational & maintenance improvements
- Review operational parameters from previous week
- Plan new maintenance and tune-up activities
- Electrical Engineering degree or Technologist Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience with industrial automation systems.
- Mine hoist systems knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs, strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplined service environment often under pressure filled conditions.
- Experience in dealing with customers to resolve problems.
- Good communication skills in English including the ability to write routine reports and speak effectively before customers or employees of the client organization.
- Safety awareness
- This position requires residence in Sudbury, Ontario
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.