The Boeing Company is seeking a Field Service Representative in Seattle, WA to provide on-site company representation and technical support dedicated to Boeing Leasing Customers in the US; as a technical advisor on maintenance and operation of lessor owned aircraft, the successful candidate will be responsible for initiating corrective actions to ensure customer satisfaction with Boeing products and services.
The Seattle based field representative will work with/in the Leasing IPT, and will have a very close working relationship with the Leasing Support and Services team. Additionally, this field representative will also have a close working relationship with Sales, Marketing, Customer Engineering groups as well as other field representatives who provide dedicated support to leasing companies in the Americas. This position will require routine trips to visit US based leasing companies. The position is part of the larger leasing FSR team, whose manager and team lead are based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Contributes to or leads a team to develop customer support plan and executes strategy.
- Provides airline operations support and maintain company presence at customer location.
- Monitors fleet status and operational issues.
- Reviews aircraft and fleet reliability issues and develops solutions.
- Represents the company and customer on internal/external issues.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage company products and services.
- Develops and implements recommendations to improve operational performance.
- Develops action plans, coordinates resources to provide solutions and resolve AOG situations.
- Validates or reviews effectiveness of company provided solutions, takes corrective action and develops recommendation for process/product improvements.
- Develops and conducts targeted training.
- Must be very familiar with Boeing technical support manuals used for on-wing maintenance of Boeing airplanes.
- The successful candidate must be capable of utilizing technical expertise and company knowledge to assist Leasing customers in achieving and sustaining their aircraft asset values
- Must possess political and communication skills to be able to function without support from other field service representatives. Develops and provides solutions to a wide variety of highly complex customer
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills are required as well as a thorough understanding of Boeing internal Support Engineering processes and procedures.
- Must be adaptable to the customer's rapidly changing operational priorities and display the initiative to provide technical training and support
- Be a team player with the ability to write concise, well-structured reports containing reasoned and weighted evidence in response to specific questions.
- Work autonomously and use initiative to seek solutions when required, offering added value to the team
- Travel for work about 25% of the time.
Relocation Assistance, based on Eligibility.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- More than 10 years of airline industry experience
- Capable of traveling 25% of the time
Desired Qualifications (Preferred Skills & Experience):
- Qualified candidate would have proven experience working in the airline maintenance and/or Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) organization
- Ideally candidate will have a professional Aerospace/ Engineering degree (or related aviation discipline) and/ or Technology OR Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Maintenance management
- Candidate will preferably hold a current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) license or European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) type rating
- Previous experienceworking with leasing companies and/or conducting lease returns is highly desirable (audits, return conditions); to include detailed knowledge of the leasing industry to effectively advocate for the customer
- Detailed working knowledge of Boeing organizations, as well as customer engineering, sales, contracts, etc.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.