Field Service Rep
Our client is growing and needs to hire a Field Service Engineer to manage servicing activities for proprietary equipment that is assigned in the territory to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You will provide field service and technical support for customers by phone, online, or onsite as determined by machine status and customer requirements. For the most part, you will manage your schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately and customer satisfaction is optimized. This will require a high level of self-motivation and organization on your part. This MRI system is cutting age, and amazing in its design and capability. It will challenge your technical skills as it is the first system on the market that combines MRI imaging and Linear accelerator technology. Our customers are early adopters and very engaged and vested in our mutual success which makes this an exciting opportunity.
You may be required to work hours other than a traditional 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and may need to work weekend days as part of their normal work days. Work schedules are determined by a combination of, but not limited to, our service obligations, customer service needs, and manager input.
- Promote customer satisfaction through the timely response to customer calls, clear and effective communications with internal and external customers, professional appearance, and efficient repair/maintenance activities.
- Execute our customer support strategy to maximize long-term installed base customer loyalty.
- Provide accurate and clear documentation of work activities using our customer management database, so that these records provide appropriate documentation of the product service history for regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the installation of new systems at customer sites, as available.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up is critical.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and/or in a cross-functional work team environment.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor's degree in EE or equivalent experiencerequired
- 3-5 years' experience with Field Service of radiation producing medical devices such as Linear Accelerators, MRI or CT.
- Experience with high power RF systems, magnetics, and cryogenic systems preferred
- 3+ years' experience in field service for medical devices & engineering
- 2+ years' experience around high power RF systems, magnetics, and cryogenic systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Will be required to show proof of proper immunizations as required by our customer sites.
- Will be required to complete a criminal background check every 12 months.
- Ability to work flexible hours with considerable amounts of travel.
- Must be able to work around high strength magnets.
- Strong system level troubleshooting skills
- Strong computer skills with an understanding of networking
- Must routinely lift and/or move physical inventory, tools and test equipment, or boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must occasionally move or transport physical inventory weighing up to 1500 pounds utilizing lifting/moving devices such as jib cranes, boom cranes, lifting fixtures, hand dollies and equipment dollies.
- Must periodically lift/move/or hold in place machine parts weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Must periodically stand, kneel, or crouch as required during machine maintenance or repair