Field Service Project Coordinator ORR Corporation formed from the trunk of Clark Orr Sr.’s car when he began selling safety equipment almost 70 years ago. The company has since expanded, now encompassing ORR Safety, ORR Protection and Inspection Logic. We support 500 employees across 28 locations nationwide but we still maintain the principles of safety, family, quality, and integrity, we were built on. At ORR, we’re dedicated to providing protection for people, property and the environment. /about-us. JOB SUMMARY This is an opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and responsible company that fosters the development of our employees. We are seeking a Field Service Project Coordinator to work with our ORR Protection Division. ORR Protection has been in the fire protection industry for more than 40 years, and our focus has been in the Mission Critical fire protection arena, such as special hazards fire protection along with fire alarm and other fire protection equipment.
IMPORTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All team members must embody the company mission to provide protection for people, property, and the environment in all aspects of their job.
- Coordinate fire alarm and special hazard fire suppression system upgrades and installations.
- Oversee subcontractors in the performance of installation activities and adherence to safety policies.
- Ensure system installation complies with drawings and industries standard practices and requirements.
- Provide updates to the customer and management on the progress of site work.
- Implement project to identified scope of work, and advise management of change requests.
- Monitor and track work to budgeted hours.
- Program, test, and commission systems.
- Document system installation, testing, and mark-up drawings to as installed condition.
- Test system with customer and AHJ.
- Conduct training with customer on the functionality of the fire system.
- May take a lead role in major service activity.
- Perform in depth trouble shooting, repair and replacement of system equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Post-secondary education in related technical field or corresponding experience required.
- Five years’ experience in servicing commercial fire alarm and special hazard fire suppression systems, required.
- Experience programming commercial fire alarm systems required.
- Experience reading blue prints required.
- One year supervisory or project coordination experience preferred.
- NICET Certification preferred. May be required to obtain state or manufacturers certificates in some cases.
- Prior experience, training or proficiency in some or all the following types of systems:
- Conventional Fire Detection Systems
- Specialized Fire Detection (Air Sampling)
- Explosion Protection Systems
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Room Integrity Testing
- Leak Detection Systems
- Recharge and reconditioning agent storage containers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Capability to supervise subcontractors and other Orr associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms internally and with the customer.
- Basic organization and time management skills.
- Experience with Electrical/Electronic systems.
- Experience in mechanical/piping networks.
- Ability to read blue prints and markup changes required because of installation activities.
- Ability to effectively lead a team.
- Basic Personal computer skills.
- This is a remote position that would be deployed from the associate’s home to local job sites for installs, service, or repairs.
- Company vehicle, tools, technology, and equipment provided.
- Occasional on-call days and/or overtime required for unscheduled service needs.
- Job duties require the ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and crawl into tight or awkward places.
- Overnight travelrequired up to 75% of the time.
- All associates are required to pass a drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report.
ONCE YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU’LL GET TO ENJOY:
- Working for a company where the associates are viewed as the company’s greatest asset.
- Being part of something you can be proud of – making a difference in the health and wellness of people and our planet.
- A growing company with a first-class reputation in our respective industries.
- A culture that is fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A company that offers a focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact.
- A caring group of associates with a commitment to make the communities we work in better for all.
- Excellent benefits including 401(K), health, life, dental, tuition reimbursement and numerous perks such as training and development
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- servicing commercial fire alarm and special hazard fire suppression systems: 5years
- traveling overnight up to 75% of the time: 5years
- programming commercial fire alarm systems: 5years
- Reading blueprints: 5years
- in-depth trouble shooting, repair and replacement of system equipment: 5years
- supervisory or project coordination: 5years