The Field Service Operations Manager will manage the day-to-day work activities of post-sale installation, delivery, deployment and ongoing support functions for the field service organization within given territory inclusive of the people, process, systems and measures. Ensure installation, delivery and deployment services are delivered to customers in a consistent, high quality and professional manner using structured and disciplined practices to ensure stable post-sale services are consistent with company initiatives and expectations. Manage the attainment of financial targets inclusive of annual budget, gross profit and related financial metrics within area of responsibility. Ensure activities are achieved that meet corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs.
- Manage the day-to-day field service operations of the installation, delivery and deployment of technical resources within area of responsibility.
Meet goals for area of responsibility including analyzing and managing performance, utilizing escalation and exception paths, implementing processes and systems to report on current performance and make recommendations for improvement of performance.
- Manage to annual budget and meet all financial performance objectives inclusive of gross profit and related financial metrics. Review and analyze budget and financialreports for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
- Deploy and manage consistent, structured and disciplined systems, policies, procedures and practices to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and customer expectations.
- Maintain and enhance a strong customer service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution. Oversee documentation of issue, action plan and outcome and distribution within area of responsibility.
- Monitor technician work activities & outcomes and proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting customer expectations. Work with technicians to ensure root cause is identified, action plans are developed and ensure follow-up on customer issue resolution. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensure staffing is maintained consistent with customer delivery requirements by proactively monitoring labor data and taking appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Build bench strength and lead succession planning for area of responsibility by identifying, developing and promoting high potential talent and ensure that his/her direct reports are doing the same in their areas of responsibility.
- Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day operations and the customer experience within area of responsibility. Support all company initiatives aimed at performance and quality improvement such as, but not limited to,achieving the NACS National Services Platform to include leading change management efforts within and across area of responsibility.
- Lead team to work collaboratively across the organization to ensure a seamless transition of work activities to meet customer & company objectives.
- Effectively support the planning and tracking of multiple projects, resource planning and allocation, task delegation to accomplish project goals and objectives, ensuring timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary, creation of ongoing status and evaluationreports, and reporting on employee performance within area of responsibility.
- Promote a respectful work environment and hires, develops and retains employees to maintain a qualified, motivated and productive workforce. Use standard HR tools e.g. the appraisal process to provide regular feedback and agree upon tasks and goals with respective employees.
- Provide timely response to requests for information, reports and other operations data from functional departments.
- Manage and fully understand the collective bargaining agreement(s) and participate in union contract negotiations, as applicable, within area of responsibility.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business, Operations Management or related field; or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5+ years of increasing Operations Management responsibilities of product and service delivery within technology services or related industries. Previous experience managing field service technicians is required.
- Proven management experience with ability to lead employees to achieve or surpass results.
- Demonstrated strengths in ability to clarify goals & objectives, build team commitment, analyze and ensure progress toward objectives, identify areas for improvements in processes and knowledge and skills of employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to create a partnership atmosphere with internal and external resources while achieving objectives.
- Strong experience handling employee issues and making sound judgment decisions in this area.
- Demonstrated success in compiling, analyzing, and presenting financial and performance data.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, ERP, workforce management and cloud based technology systems.
- Successful history of managing change and continuous improvement.