Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
This role reports to Director of Field Service, and is eligible to work remote. As a Field Service Manager, you will be responsible to develop a strong team of field service engineers in the delivery of commissioning, application, tuning, trouble shooting, repair and upgrade of installed drives and drive related systems. Manage day to day operations and field delivery problems or escalation. Act as a liaison between Product Management, Technical Support, Warranty, Engineering and the Field Service to ensure timely crucial and accurate sharing of job-related information. Prioritize customer needs against available services and schedule. Direct reports may include team leads, service engineers and customer service-related personnel.
** This is a work remote opportunity that candidates that meet the requirements will be considered specially form the West / Mid-West Territory **
- Health, safety and environment (HSE): Ensures with the HSE Manager, compliance with group health, safety and environmental directives and that regulations are adhered to while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety and ensure proper training and process are in place and consistently followed to keep field personnel safe and secure. Foster continuous improvement and open communications for a safe work site and work execution.
- Budget: Manage the cost center budget and optimize spending to train and develop personnel while staying within annual operating budget.
- Maintain working knowledge of active budget and spending for the department and participate with finance and the unit manager to prepare annual cost center budget.
- Operational performance: Define and monitor customer centric key performance indicators, develop long term team development plans and execute to create a technical strong and customer focused service team and manage and address customer needs and concerns in a timely manner. Customer Relations:
- Participates in the integrated business planning process (IBP) to ensure the appropriate labor is available to meet medium and short-term customer demands and expectations.
- May provide support to Sales during customer visits to explain capabilities of the service team. Supports the customer complaint resolution process (CCRP) as a resolution owner for service and field related issues. People leadership and development: Ensures with HR Manager that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies and develops training programs, including generation. Maintenance of training course content establishes training requirements, updates and monitors progress for all production staff using appropriate LMS (Learning Management System).
- Technical: Be the technical leader for the field service team, support and provide guidance in trouble shooting and tuning complex process lines and drive applications. Promote a culture that embraces continuous process improvement, personal accountability, teamwork and customer service to achieve objectives and improve operational productivity.
- Bachelors' Degree, preferably in Engineering, and 8 year's experience with AC Drives, Maintenance, Customer Support, troubleshooting, Field Service OR Associates' Degree, preferably in a technical field, and 10 year's experience with AC Drives, Maintenance, Customer Support, troubleshooting, Field Service.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Open to travel about 20%.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite. Leadership experience is highly preferred. Project Management experience preferred.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.