Job ID: VID003508
Videojet Technologies, Inc. is seeking a talented & dynamic individual to fill the position of Field Service Manager (FSM) in the Michigan/Northern Ohio region. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organization. The incumbent will be responsible for providing strong leadership for team of Customer Service Engineers to consistently exceed customer expectations, thus accelerating growth of printer placements and service revenues. They will work cross functionally to employ teamwork at all levels and drive positive results in the organization.
• Through strong customer satisfaction skills, and employing various tools, grow Videojet revenues and printer placements by providing superior service.
• Coach and mentor team of 15-20 technicians to reduce response time, reduce repeat calls, manage inventory, remove hurdles to daily operations, raise expectations and performance of each technician and promote teamwork
• Motivational teamwork. Drive cohesive cross functional work atmosphere with positive attitude. Increase field morale and expectations.
• Excellent follow-up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding issues.
• Financial management. Includes revenue growth, expense management, inventory turns. Basic understanding of or capacity to learn high-level financial statements - essentially understanding the impacts that key decisions have on the Videojet Field Service and OpCo P&L.
• Strong communication and listening skills - Supports Customer facing positions, interacts with customers, internal and external and all levels of management.
• Excellent sales ability - to continue strong revenue growth, increase the FSMA base, and to mentor others who require this talent.
• Full understanding of business operations, revenue growth, expense management, and inventory turns, etc. – to effectively manage team of ~ 20 technicians, and operate in a manner that enables the organization to meet both revenue and profit goals.
• Integrity and ethical behavior - Core Danaher value and essential to front line management
• Basic understanding or capacity to learn high level technical aspects of equipment, computer software (MS Office) abilities, strong deductive reasoning, not limited by "in the book" thinking, flexible and versatile in decision making
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• 3 to 5 years of Field Service Management experience, Technical Management experience, or Management in a field that requires regular customer interaction
• If military experience, minimum ranking of E-6
• Computer Programs (MS Office) - Oracle experience is a plus
• Working knowledge with revenue growth through direct selling
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong deductive reasoning, problem solving skills
• Work environment: all environments from manufacturing, food processing, mail houses, clean rooms, etc. Available to work all shifts, weekends, holidays as required.
• Travel dependent upon geographical area
Videojet Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges, and improving quality of life around the world.
Videojet is part of a global family of 20+ operating companies who drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic, growing industries. With operating companies based around the world – our groundbreaking businesses operate across four strategic platforms:
• Product Identification
• Water Quality
• Life Sciences & Diagnostics