CPI makes the technology that powers your everyday life. If you’ve ever used a self-checkout, played the slots at a casino, gotten a drink from a vending machine, or paid to park your car, you’ve probably done so with the aid of one of the 10 million devices installed by CPI. From cash and coins to cards and mobile, we keep the world of payments moving with smart validation devices and business-management software. Our technology powers more than 4 billion transactions every week – and we want you to be a part of it.
Payment technology is constantly evolving, and our associates are up for the challenge. We pride ourselves in our ability to deliver excellent service and support for our vast existing field base, while pushing the envelope of innovation to design and deliver new solutions that reflect the modern payment landscape.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of our culture of inclusion and collaboration, working in partnership with more than 3,000 global associates supporting 110 countries and currencies. If you are interested in making a global impact, we are looking for a full-time Field Service Manager to join us in our Columbus, OH location.
About the role:
The basic purpose for this position is responsibility for providing a high level of customer service and satisfaction by resolving reported daily equipment and/or technical problems and demonstrating and enforcing consistent high-quality standards. In addition, this position has a strong responsibility for growing the branch service operation, recruiting, supervising, scheduling and participating in technician tasks.
About the team:
This position reports into the Branch Manager.
Why work with us:
With a 160-year history of innovation and growth, more than 3,000 patents, and an unmatched commitment to success, you are joining a company that has shaped the global landscape of technology. At CPI, you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation, all while directly impacting global payment solutions. Come see your ideas make change.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruit, hire, direct, manage, coach and mentor field service technicians throughout the branch geographical territory
- Participate in the recruitment and daily supervision of Administrative Assistants
- Review and evaluate performance of branch field service technicians and where applicable Administrative Assistants
- Organize and implement branch service contract and servicing programs in a manner which assures branch service department profitability
- Scheduling of inspections for timely service performance to avoid any inspection credit write-off’s against the service branch
- Timely review and evaluation of PMIA related statements including Two-month renewal listings, Customer detail master list, Contract activity (PS. XLS), Credit Report of service commission, revenue and inspections
- Working knowledge of Profit and Loss Service Statements
- Working knowledge of service department expenses
- Review technician service call reports and processing of other service paperwork and reporting
- Management of branch parts inventory and technician/remote customer inventories
- Demonstrate and enforce strict and consistent quality standards and compliance of all company policies, procedures and safety regulations
- Oversee field service technician use and maintenance of company provided assets including fleet vehicles, tablet computers and mobile phones
- Approval of employee time and attendance reports using ADP on-line application tool
- Extended service coverage hours and ‘on-call’ when required
- All other duties as required.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 5+ years of progressively responsible field service experience, or equivalent.
- Proficient in MS Office applications particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Thorough understanding of iOS and MS Operating Systems and PC networking.
- Impeccable Integrity. Must be able to gain access to highly secured environments.
- Occupational licenses may be necessary to obtain depending on territory/accounts.
- Proficient with electro-mechanical and software applications technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write or speak about complicated issues in a manner that will be understood by all
- Strong Attention to details - able to proof their own work and the work of their staff to make certain that pay information and other important details are entered and tracked properly
- Excellent math skills as need to process data and understand the meaning of the data.
- Personable, approachable and able to work easily with others at all levels
- Extroverted and positive personality even in the most dire situations
- Strong tendency to read and respond to body language and verbal cues
- Tenacious and has the creativity and determination to continue with even the most difficult assignments
- Exceptionally well organized and able to prioritize their work
- Ability to set and track goals for themselves
- Ability to multi-task and work on more than one project at a time
- Ability to initiate and follow through on assignments without outside monitoring and work as a proactive team player
- Be able to motivate others and create a positive team spirit
- Ability to plan and execute group training sessions
- Ability to mentor employees with respect to career and professional goals
- Develop good relationships internally with key Company personnel and departments as needed
- Able to commit to and meet project deadlines
- Required to travel or be on the road servicing equipment at clients in the assigned branch geographical territory. The amount of time calling on and servicing clients in the field will range from 40-80% and will depend on branch size and staffing levels.
- Able to lift, push or carry a minimum of 50 or more pounds such as large money counting machines and parts in and out of client sites. The job requires kneeling, bending, twisting, lifting and squatting to service equipment on the ground.
- Hand and wrist dexterity needed to turn screwdrivers and replace parts on equipment.
- Phone calls, desk/computer work up to 50% of the time depending on branch size and staffing levels.
- Technician training and oversight of resolution delivery up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while servicing some equipment.
- Periodic travel to Corporate Office for meetings and/or training classes.
Key Attributes for Success:
· High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
· Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
· Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations.
· Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
· Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing