$80K — $100K *
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
SBE, LLC North America service group supports the PCS group defines ZEISS solution strategies and strategic priorities that drive growth in semiconductor markets. Through deep technical knowledge of the Semiconductor industry coupled with expert knowledge of available ZEISS technologies, PCS identifies important customer problems that may be addressed with ZEISS solutions both now and in the future. Through this knowledge, PCS supports the field organizations to promote current solutions and guides ZEISS internal R&D projects for the future.
To strengthen our team, we are currently seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer. The Field Service Engineer is responsible for installation, preventative maintenance and general upkeep of the Carl Zeiss E-Beam process tools located at customer sites. This position will be field based in North America and tied to one or more customers.
• Frequent interaction with customers with the goal of providing world class customer service
• Troubleshooting all tool errors and making appropriate tool repairs
• Reporting of all tool issues and utilization of all parts and associated labor for daily activities in a series of company reports
• Provide support on-site at customer location(s) each day per contractual customer support obligations
• Troubleshoots complex E-beam equipment
• Maintain systems to achieve the contractually obligated equipment uptime performance
• Report all tool actions/events and daily activities in field service reports
• Communicate tool and site issues to customers and 2nd level support; follow up to achieve resolution of customer’s open issues
• Schedule and perform all tool Preventative Maintenance activities
• Participate in customer and internal company meetings
• Travel initially is required up to 75%, domestic and international. More frequent travel will be required during the first year of the position to attend training. Post training travel is required up to 10%.
• Extensive training, both on the job and at our factory in Germany, is required for this position
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relative technical discipline
• Minimum of 4 years of experience working as a field based service engineer supporting complex E-beam systems, preferably in the semiconductor industry
• Ability to make technically complicated equipment repairs
• Ability to perform needed column adjustments and repair including replacing filaments, performing E-beam gun exchange, replacing turbo pumps and performing necessary column cleaning protocol
• Extensive technical experience working in a semiconductor cleanroom environment (FAB), including knowledge and experience with FAB cleanroom protocol
• Experience working with and around laser systems and potentially hazardous chemistries
• Ability to work long hours inside a semiconductor cleanroom (FAB), following all customer cleanroom protocols
• Analytical and solutions focused with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex E-beam equipment
• Experience troubleshooting very sophisticated hardware and running system software
• Advanced mathematical skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and written
• Highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills, allowing for success in managing multiple priorities
• Strong commitment to customer success
• Ability to work independently and within a team with integrity and in a positive manner
• Strong desire for continuous learning and growth
Valid through: 8/13/2020