Position Summary and Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position to Include:
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled/planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Travel approximately 50% of the time, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Teledyne system documentation
- Provide input for various reports Including Identifying and Isolating unique problems with system
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry; would also consider those with an Associate's degree (A. A.) in Electronics or an equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and 3 to 5 years related experience in laboratory troubleshooting/repairing analytical equipment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID 2017-4595