The Field Service Engineer/Technologist will provide technical and business leadership to support customer's power delivery needs. The person will have a high level of technical and mechanical expertise, be capable of planning, leading and executing power delivery work with the highest level of safety & environmental compliance, understand business profitability, and develop great customer relationship
- This role requires strong hands-on power delivery service, technical and mechanical skills, leadership, business acumen and highly effective communication skills.
- Test, commission, program, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, retrofit and install high, medium and low voltage power system equipment. Relay capability, test, commission, troubleshoot, upgrade, retrofit various types of protection and control would be an asset.
- Test transformers oil & dry types.
- Test, commission, troubleshoot, repair, erect, upgrade, various switchgear and voltage ratings.
- Develop service work scopes and assist with estimates for proposal activities.
- Schedule and execute jobs on-time and on-budget with world-class quality.
- Plan, coordinate, lead and direct activities for self and team to maximize productivity, utilization and profitability.
- Understand customer and market dynamics and implement strategy consistent with ABB objectives.
- Reach out to customers to grow service opportunities & suggest recommendations. Work closely with our sales team to maintain, develop and expand customer base.
- Identify and implement cost and process improvements and standardization to continuously improve cost productivity.
- 5+ years proven track record servicing some of the above equipment
- Familiarity with environmental protection procedures and basic electrical safety practices
- Make a work site and site activities safe for self and all other members of the site team
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on capability
- Ability to understand documented instructions, procedures and electrical drawings, and develop the same
- Well organized
- Familiar with test equipment and testing procedures for power delivery
- Computer literate
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Ability to travel locally and nationally 50% of the time, work overtime/weekends and respond to weekend and off-hours service requests as required
- Engineer or Certified Electrical Technologist with 309A Journeyman Electrician certification, with proven experience
- Ability to work independently and lead a project / work scope / team with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent team player
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and team members
- Entrepreneurial, customer focused with ability to generate work and develop strong customer relations
- Apply practical application experience and knowledge of electrical power systems to develop and recommend solutions for customers' power system issues and upgrades