This is an intermediate level position. The Field Service Engineering position will be located in the PacNW area and will be primarily responsible for serving our customers on site in that area. This position also will assist with load balancing FSE needs at Cisco SJC. The Field Services Engineer will work with Spirent Services team remotely and the applicant will be part of an account team composed of a Regional Sales manager, one or more System Engineers and one or more Senior Field Service Engineers. The Primary responsibility is supporting the post-sales implementation and deployment of Spirent solutions. All candidates must have educational training in networking and demonstrated capability to rapidly learn and assimilate new networking technologies as our products and customers' requirements evolve. This person will focus on local customers, but can expect to travel and work in other areas of the US and Canada. Travel outside the home area will be approx. 50%
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
- Deliver onsite technical service and support for customers.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging computer networking equipment
- Tasks may include customer Spirent Product installation.
- Promotes and educates customers on Spirent support processes, SLAs.
- Keeps stakeholders (e.g. sales, customer, technical peers, management) informed of actions, and progress on technical product issues.
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone, online networks and email.
- Communicate with Spirent product teams regarding bugs and proactively conduct follow-ups to ensure fixes are received and tested by customers.
- Advise management on product development issues arising from product problems identified through customer service and product experiences.
- Process and maintain pertinent information within our support CRM systems.
- Deliver customer and competitor intelligence and sales leads to Spirent account team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates must demonstrate a minimum of 1 year customer focused experience and 2 or more years working in at least 5 of the following technologies: ATM, Frame Relay, LAN/WAN, Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, DHCP, IGMP, MPLS, TCP/IP, VoIP, QoS, routers, switches, IPSec, IPv4/6, FTP, HTTP, SIP, Steaming Media, network security (firewalls, IPS/IDS, etc)
- Previous telecom/networking test equipment experience is a plus but not mandatory (Smartbits, Adtech, Spirent TestCenter, Ixia, HP, Agilent, Shenick)
- Programming skills in Python and TCL are a plus but not mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills are required
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment required
- Some business acumen as it pertains to recognizing and exploring customers' needs for new Spirent products and or services.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or 4+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BSEE preferred.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or similar is a plus.