Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is accountable for performing specific engineering work which is related to electrical, mechanical, automation, manufacturing, quality, safety, health & environment, or software applications.
Work on problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
This position will also be accountable to coach and train on complex technical issues and transfer knowledge to FSR's in conjunction with FS Application Specialist.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform Field installation and service call for major and/or complex project or when appropriate FSR are not available.
- Provide Field engineering and technical support during execution for Project Supervisors & Field Service Technicians on duty
- Responsible to manage assigned projects.
- Act as Trusted advisor for customer
- Support Engineering HUB as technical lead for FS projects
- Place safety first in all endeavor, be a key player in constantly stepping up our safety culture
· Provide Field engineering solution design collaborating with Tender/Bid Specialist
- Provide engineering support or Lead complex/solution FS projects in a pre-sales role with Outside Sales representative.
- Leads and Influences customer product/project specifications development, promoting most recent and digital/connected technologies (i.e Ecostruxure Asset Advisor).
- Customer technical specification analysis and review.
- Participate in projects costing and quotation, bills of material.
- Leverage internal plants, Ecofit and external suppliers in the preparation of offers
- Actively participate if new offer development through insights gain during field and end users exposure.
- Time management to meet projects deliverables (approval drawings, shop packages, etc..)
- Project follow-up, technical support, after sales support of assigned projects.
- Support of internal and external customers.
This job might be for you if:
- Electrical engineering degree
- Professional Engineer, Peng (registered in Quebec Minimum)
- 10-15 yrs of experience in the field of power distribution (both LV & MV)
- Master Electricians License an asset. 309A minimum.
- Experience in Substation Automation/SCADA is an asset.
- Extensive experience with protection principles & philosophy including implementation & testing of relay protection schemes.
- Experience in networking and communication protocols an asset.
- Experience with Drives, HMI, PLC and industrial automation and control is an asset
- Knowledge of North-American standards applicable to LV & MV equipment.
- Strong knowledge and experience of NETA standards essential
- Experience working with field sales and consulting engineers
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment an asset.
- Proficient with Autocad, MS Office, Protection Relay Software.
- Team player.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills are a must
- Strong business acumen, with great organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Superior customer relations and interaction skills
- Willingness to grow as an individual and part of a team in an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (French/English) is a must
Travel and off-hours work requirement:
The candidate will be expected to travel to customer sites within Quebec and Atlantic region in order to carry out the scope of its role on a regular basis. Depending on customer's constraints and site schedule, the candidate could have to work off-hours or weekends when needed.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.