Sartorius As one of the world‘s leading laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment providers, Sartorius is actively shaping dynamic, innovative and high-growth markets. Founded in 1870, the company earned sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion euros in 2017. More than 7.500 people work at the Group's approximately 50 manufacturing and sales sites, serving customers around the globe.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide timely service and support for all Bioprocess products and accessories. The Field Service Engineer will act as the primary liaison between all North America customers and colleagues regarding service, parts and support for these products. The FSE will perform installation, start-up, repairs, calibrations, operator training and maintenance on all Bioprocess products.
What you can look forward to accomplishing
- Service company equipment for customers, including installations, preventative maintenance, repairs and training.
- Generate service revenue for the company by proactively selling service contracts to customers.
Interact with customers directly to schedule appointments, provide quotations, order parts, and complete repair services as appropriate.
Provide excellent customer service at every step
- Evaluate the customer’s service need, including a technical evaluation of the equipment that needs servicing;
researching and interpreting the specifications to effectively troubleshoot and determine an appropriate solution; coordinating with the customer and other internal personnel to complete the service
- Maintain complete, timely documentation, including field service reports, customer surveys, installation reports, daily progress reports, and others as defined by management
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with management, coworkers, and customers, including responding by email, phone and in person as needed.
Manage communications effectively and timely.
Maintain an updated schedule, and pro-actively communicate to management when schedule is free of appointments
- Properly manage company parts, equipment and tools.
Keep an accurate inventory, and care properly for equipment and tools
- Perform other related duties as required
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
- Technology: Design Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Bachelor’s degree in an Electrical/Electronic discipline.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of industry experience and technical/military training
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- 5 years Field Service experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 accreditation requirements as well as GMP/GDP
- Social Skills and Perceptiveness:
Actively look for ways to help customers, and be sensitive when dealing with customer reactions and needs
- Critical Thinking:
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Math / Science:
Use mathematics and scientific concepts and methods to solve problems
- Complex problem solving:
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Up to 90% travel is required to support Field Service activities
- Valid Driver License and Passport