The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Location: Northeast, U.S.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 4 to 5Years
As a member of the Field Services & Commissioning team within S&C’s Power Systems Solutions, this position will require close work with customers to implement leading-edge solutions for the distribution power grid and provide on-site services for preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting, commissioning, modifying & upgrading S&C power quality products, automation products and traditional products. The work of a Field Service Engineer is performed using various hand tools and specialty tools. The work is performed in accordance with OSHA and industry safety practices such as “Lock Out Tag Out” and includes utilization of extensive personal protective equipment. Interaction with product engineering will be required to solve more complex issues regarding the quality and performance standards for the finished products.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Start-up, troubleshooting and repairing complex power electronics and automation equipment involving power levels of several megawatts.
Supporting Field Service Technologists in troubleshooting and/or commissioning of S&C Equipment
Setting up test and monitoring equipment (including 3 phase utility and load connections).
Operating intermediate to complex computer based test and monitoring equipment.
Approving, following and creating detailed work, safety, and commissioning Procedures.
Assisting in the resolution of customer issues.
Assisting Product or Project Engineers in determining root cause for Field Issues (evaluating overall system performance including Switchgear, Automation Equipment, and or Power Quality Equipment).
Occasionally assembling or modifying complicated standard & custom products.
- Occasionally responsible for instructing and directing a group of personnel, including subcontractors.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Field experiencetroubleshooting power/utility electrical equipment
- A valid driver’s license and a good credit record
- Able to travel80% of the time domestically, internationally on weekdays, weekends or holidays
- Ability to understand and follow test procedures, drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge in the use of oscilloscopes, voltmeters, hipot, and various electronic test equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
Relevant Experience Required:
Four years work experience within the power industry, or electricaltrade.