Field Service Engineer
Our client builds injection molding equipment and they need a Field Service Engineer who will provide on-site machine installation, troubleshooting, repair and training for both domestic and international customers. This division is located in the N.W. suburbs of Milwaukee.
- Visit clients 80% of the time, domestic and international. Most trips are scheduled to have you home on weekends but some international maybe 2 weeks long. Travel is generally known at least a week in advance.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, electrical, PLC and pneumatic mechanical functions of injection molding machines in the field at customer production sites.
- Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting of all service related activities.
- Provide customer service technical phone support when in the office
- Assist in mechanical/electrical assembly and testing of equipment to meet scheduled deliveries.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experienceworking withinjection molding equipment (This is a service, not a design position)
- Familiarity with PLCs, electronics, hydraulics and mechanics
- Road warrior (80%) availability, domestic and international (mostly North America)
- Projects a positive attitude with customers and co-workers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively using professional e-mail etiquette
- Solid analytic, diagnosis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
The company only wants to see people local to Milwaukee. They offer a comprehensive benefits package. Hourly wage is $30 to $34 an hour with time and half for all time over 40 hours a week. Work weeks will vary from 45 to 60 hours. Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available.