The Level II Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing Advisory and/or Supervisory services for the installation/repair of mechanical equipment. Gain the necessary experience to become proficient in the operation of a variety of Metso equipment and systems. Coordinate with the client, client's contractor, Metso labor, Metso sub-contractor, and Project Manager to insure timely completion of erection/installation. Trouble-shooting to solve fabrication errors relative to proper installation and to solve operation problems.
The Level II Field Service Engineer position requires a talent for working withother people; fellow employees, customers, contractors. Must be capable of making quick, accurate decisions relative to problem solution & problem liability. Must be able to maintain accurate records and communicate reliable information thru detailed technical reports. Working closely with the Service Project Manager, Field Service Manager, Field Technician Supervisor, and General Manager of Field Service is required. Project the image of Metso as the service oriented company to depend on for competent technical support on equipment for maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and operation.
- Provide advisory service during installation, checkout, start-up, and commissioning to insure safety and proper equipment and system erection by sub-contractors is in accordance with contract designs and drawing requirements.
- When appropriate, make recommendations to improve field methods and/or efficiency.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and advise on corrective action and repairs.
- Keep accurate records regarding job progress, delays, problems, deliveries, changes, extras, and engineering and fabrication errors.
- Make local purchases ($500.00 maximum) of materials and services which are of vital importance to the job.
- Write, and timely submit, accurate, detailed technical reports of completed projects for submission to the customer and internal departments outlining the summary of the job, problems encountered, action(s) taken, future recommendations, and daily log.
- Submit internal daily constructionreports covering activity at the jobsite.
- Insure client issues proper documentation for extra work and changes.
- Perform training of the client's personnel in mechanical and/or electrical maintenance of the equipment.
- Assist in the marketing of field service, retrofits and spare parts.
- Work in liaison with the various technical support staff within the Metso organization.
- Recommend operating and maintenance procedures to insure proper function of equipment.
- Train customer staff in proper methods to maintain and repair the equipment.
- Visit customers with the sales force to develop and grow service business opportunities.
- When appropriate, deliver technical seminars to mill or contractor’s crew in safely performing maintenance, repairs, and upgrade work.
- Train other Metso Field Service Engineers and Field Service Technicians in the safe and proper methods and procedures to maintain and repair Metso equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in a related field with 5years minimum applicable job experience, or high school graduate with 10 years minimum applicable job experience…millwright background, machinist background, welding background, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso’s industry leading solutions
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland!)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!