The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing technical field service support to our customers. The successful candidate will oversee customer support for quality issues, technical problem solving, and ensure that quality standards are understood, maintained, and adhered to both at operations and customer facilities. The primary customers for this role are Aerospace, Commercial Transportation, and Industrial Products.
The Field Service Engineer is an integral part of the Quality Assurance organization, providing connection between the customer and the plant in claims support, technical problem solving, and improvement projects. The job requires a high degree of interaction with various multi-discipline customers, sales and marketing, and manufacturing. So, he/she must be able to provide technical expertise and guidance to customers, to the sales and marketing team, and to production to solve quality problems. The successful candidate will also participate in kaizens, develop relationships, and maintain standards. He/she will be responsible for training customers in the fundamentals of aluminum, quality requirements, and fabricating practices.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years of metals manufacturing experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Aluminum manufacturing experience
- Quality systems experience
- Self-directed; able to make decisions and provide recommendations to solve quality issues
- Able to prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Able to take a strong stand and demonstrate effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrate self-confidence and the ability to make independent, discretionary decisions regarding product quality, reliability and safety to minimize external exposure and liability from product and process excursions