When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Field Service Engineer you are responsible for managing all aspects of field service support, customer relationship management and providing statistical analysis to the customer. The successful candidate will provide complete services on analytical equipment systems including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. You will also coordinate resources and work with the Service Team to deliver technical expertise to customers with high-quality results to ensure high-customer satisfaction. You will cover the New England area.
Our ideal candidate will be located near Boston, MA
What will you do?
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of analytical equipment systems.
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks using a customer's management software
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and other field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and mentors new engineers in accordance with our training policies.
How will you get here?
BS degree in Life Sciences, Electronics or equivalent experience.
Background in Chemistry or Biochemistrypreferred
- 5+ years Field Service or relevant Industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have valid driver license
- Ability to travel 15% domestic travel
- Ability to work overtime and/or outside regular business hours, and/or on-call work
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move 100+ pounds