This role may require working 2nd shift hours and/or off cycle work weeks.
- Install and service complex diagnostic laboratory instrumentation, with minimum direct supervision, in response to scheduled and emergency customer requests, via dispatch by the Technical Service Center, in accordance with current ISO and GMP standards.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of time outside of home geographic area, based upon business needs.
- Complete all service documentation as required by the position function, or as requested by other business functions, in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Report and document all customer complaints in appropriate systems of record for resolution and investigation.
- Provide follow-up to customers who have recently been provided service, to verify instrument functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Properly maintain trunk stock inventory within limits established by Recommended Spare Parts List.
- Maintain all assigned calibrated test equipment and tools in good working condition and calibration dates.
- Demonstrate good judgment in utilization of company credit card, while adhering to expense levels within the established business guidelines.
- Maintain and utilize company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, including vehicle service maintenance, cleanliness, and organization at all times.
- Complete all administrative requirements of the position within expected timeframes.
- Provide on-callsupport per published schedules, or on short-notice, as required in support of business needs.
- Support an inclusive and diverse work environment.
The ideal candidate would be a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET), possess an A.A.S. in Biomedical/Electronics Technology, with at least 4 years of biomedical experience. Individual must possess good communication and customer service skills, needs to be able to function with little supervision.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Current and valid automotive driver’s license
- Two years of service experience in the troubleshooting and repair of complex IT, electronic, and mechanical systems.
- Strong working knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanical devices, (Megatronics), PLCs, and pneumatics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and soft skills
- Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering.
- Technical writing experience
- Training experience
- Knowledge of PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desired.
- Experience with PC assembly, upgrades and repairs are highly desirable.
Job ID R-322329