We are looking for an outstanding Field Service Engineer to ensure optimum instrument performance and continued customer success using Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platform. This individual will provide excellent customer service and support to clients through the maintenance and repair of our genome engineering instrumentation. The right candidate will leverage their superior customer management skills and technical expertise to perform various activities, including installation and training, maintenance, repairs, and other services of our instruments and systems within Life Science and Biotechnology laboratory environments.
- Serve as the frontline service and support lead to customers; perform instrument installation, training, troubleshooting, validation, maintenance, and repair using extensive technical experience.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve customer issues using defined procedures and practices, taking action to rapidly analyze and repair instrumentation.
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building upon and enhancing the customer relationship to become a valued partner in their research and business goals.
- Operate independently in the assigned region and work collaboratively with other field specialists to share best practices, field observations and customer solutions.
- Maintain service records in a timely manner; order and install repair components. Document and report all repairs and product issues. Develop and execute regular preventative maintenance procedures.
- Drive service revenue sales targets; ensure strong contract retention and warranty conversion rates.
- Act as an internal advocate by communicating customer feedback and requests to Sales, Product Marketing, Operations, Applications and other departments.
- Provide guidance to and assist in the training/mentoring of newer specialists. Train with internal product teams to become the field expert/liaison for instrument-related questions or issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or mechanical discipline; 3+ years’ experience in supporting, diagnosing and repairing commercial electronic and electromechanical equipment in the field.
- Proficiency in the training, service, support, and troubleshooting of sophisticated, high-throughput biological instrument platforms. Previous experience as a Field Service Engineer is preferred.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require innovation and collaboration.
- Familiarity with graphical user interfaces and software for instrument operation, diagnosis and repair.
- Sharp customer focus and dedication; robust time management and organization skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to provide training, resolve customer issues and work collaboratively in a team setting to support the efforts of Sales and Field Applications.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced startup environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically-distributed teams.