The Field Service Engineer in our Proton Therapy business unit will provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation of proton therapy equipment and ancillary devices, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. The person in this role will be responsible for the following.
- Check out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Interpret customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking. Installs and upgrades a wide range of complex and advanced company products according to technical documentation and company guidelines to ensure that customer’s equipment operates efficiently.
- Demonstrates to customer equipment operation and specification according to Customer Acceptance Procedure (CAP). Instructs customers in operation and basic maintenance of VMS products. '
- Requires no direct supervision.
- May coordinate and review the activities of a small group of Installation Representatives.
- May coordinate other expert company resources required to assist in performing the installation or upgrade activities.
· Associate degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline or physical sciences
· 2-3 years of related experience
· Expert knowledge of and professional experience with electronic and electro-mechanical engineering, testing equipment used for verification and calibration of electronic and/or mechanical equipment.
· Expert knowledge of and professional technical experience with micro-computers/PC based systems
· Customer focused attitude
· Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken
· Willing to travel during the first year
· Ability to work on a 12 hour rotating shift
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with cyclotron / particle accelerator is an asset
- Experience with RF systems is an asset
- Understanding of vacuum systems and vacuum test equipment
- Troubleshooting and understanding of PLCs.\