Position will require the Field Service Engineer to be involved with installation and maintenance of new and old material handling and sortation equipment, emergency service calls, and overall general customer
support for all Intelligrated and Legacy made equipment, including sortation, AS/RS shuttle systems, robotic application, palletizers, cranes, and multiple types of conveying equipment. Field Service Engineer will also gather data utilizing specific reports and Intelligrated procedures, and supply various forms and custom reports to the customer to assist in sales of parts and service contracts. As necessary, Field Service Engineer will assist with the field training of new employees and may receive in-house assignments covering technical support, training, or documentation.
- Make travel arrangements daily or weekly basis.
- Be capable of traveling at a moment notice weekday or weekend.
- Carry mechanical and electrical tools from job to job, including laptop and tool case.
- Discuss objectives with the customer when on-site.
- Develop or follow a schedule for completion of objectives while on-site.
- Perform or assist with mechanical and electrical installation or modification to Intelligrated and Legacy equipment.
- Troubleshoot and debug all issues including mechanical, electrical, or programming using the provided drawings, direction or write sections of the PLC program.
- Modify, adjust, or develop robotic application code.
- Mark-up drawings (Red Line) with any updates or changes as required.
- Communicate issues, successes, and delays with the Customer, project manager, team members and regional management daily. This may include but not exclusive to Electronic Issue Reports.
- Participate in a closeout meeting with the Office and the Customer at completion of each assignment.
- Write a detailed daily / weekly report for each job location and send to the office.
- Complete a weekly electronic expense report and send in the receipts to the office.
- Send all copies of programs, redline drawings, and weekly reports to the office for proper archival at completion of job.
- Train and support CST’s on the equipment operation and PLC controls where required or necessary
Performs mechanical and electrical installation or modification to Intelligrated & Legacy equipmentNew equipment commissioning and integration – Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and PLC issuesModify, adjust, or develop robotic and PLC application codeComplete various weekly reportsTrain and supports resident technicians
YOU MUST HAVE
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’sDegree in Engineering and 0-2 year of field experience in material handling or
an Associate’s Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of field experience in
material handling. (Level 2 requires BS w/ 2 yrs or AS w/ 4 yrs or MS w/ 1yr. experience) No degree - will be considered with 10+ years material handling experience.
- Prior Customer Service Experience is desirable
- Must have PLC programming and diagnostic proficiency with one type of PLC.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products and Operating Systems (i.e. Windows XP).
- Must have a strong mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude and experience.
- Working experience with electrical wiring and reading of schematics.
- Must have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently (self starter) and with teams.
- Ability to travel over 85% of the year.Bachelor's degree, or equivalent. Some experience in the field.