This person is responsible for installing and servicing resistance welding, laser welders, laser markers, and systems equipment; handling customer inquiries related to applications or processes development using our products. Travel to support these tasks will be worldwide.
Able to travel 75% of the year by air and car.
- Installing, aligning, servicing lasers, resistance welders, and workstations with PLCs and motion control hardware and software
- Making changes to PLC and motion control programs
- Training customers in the use and maintenance of our products
- Answering telephone inquiries regarding product operation, maintenance, and applications
- Writing field visit and customer inquiry reports
- Work with customers and other visitors on applications development in-house
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the management
- 4 years degree in Engineering, materials, chemistry, physics is required.
- Experience in maintenance of industrial control equipment; preferred
- Exceptionally computer literate
- Computer programming experience; experience in industrial control equipment preferred
- Experience in customer service or field engineering is a plus
- Experience in motion control to include M and G codes; preferred
- Ability to learn and read ladder logic.
- Experience in training customers in the use of capital equipment; preferred.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally on short notice
- Valid US Passport required
Manufacturing, laser, materials processing and/or resistance welding background or experience
Ability to read, write and speak Japanese.