Rapiscan Systems | AS&E, an OSI Systems Company is seeking a Field Service Engineer 2, based out of Seattle, Washington.
Rapiscan Systems | AS&E is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
A Field Service Engineer (FSE) 2 with Rapiscan Systems | AS&E has the primary responsibility of ensuring that the users of Rapiscan Systems | AS&E equipment are satisfied with its performance. This is an intermediate level position that will require advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and the ability to think independently and operate with minimal instruction. In this position you can expect up to 100% travel (International & Domestic). It is not uncommon to incur work days in excess of 8 hours. Tasks that will routinely be performed include Emergency Service, Contract Service, New Product Support, Maintenance, and Customer Training. An FSE 2 will be expected to assist in the field training of new FSE 1 and FSE 2's.
- Perform service and maintenance for Rapiscan Systems | AS&E systems, as requested by Field Service Managers.
- Follow Field Service contract requirements for response time, information reporting and customer management.
- Communicate with customer up to and during system corrective and preventative visits to ensure work is executed according to plan and in alignment with Rapiscan Systems | AS&E business objectives.
- Communicate with Customer Service Coordinators to ensure on time delivery of parts and materials.
- Maintain and carry Field Service Tool Set.
- Assist FSE 1's or peers when needed or requested
- Complete timely reporting of labor, expense and materials to support relevant service contract requirements and company policy.
- Complete and ensure proper distribution and storage of all required Work Order forms, Site Acceptance Test documentation, radiation survey documentation and other documents per company policy, including any specific customer contractual requirements (as needed).
- Follow company safety program requirements.
- Provide system status updates and use of mobile devices to management team as well as communicating areas of customer concern and other agreed upon status items.
- Carry company provided cell phone and laptop and be on call.
- Maintain positive control of tools, meters and test equipment and manage the timely return of equipment due calibration as required.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business
- B.S. in Electronic Technology or Engineering w/ Mechanical Engineering experience, Technical Degree or previous applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum 5 years (or equivalent experience) of supporting complex capital equipment in a service capacity; previous X-Ray experience a plus, prior field service experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge / skills of Analog, Digital, and Mechanical systems.
- Networking hardware and software knowledge and application skills a must.
- Database management and programming, software / firmware protocols.
- Ability to effectively manage both technical and administrative functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (multi-lingual is a plus).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of ERP system (D365 preferred).
- Must be able to work independently and make logical decisions within position parameters based upon Rapiscan Systems | AS&E guidelines.
- Able to work on call rotation and work off hours as needed.
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, walk and lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis. Able to work outside in inclement weather as needed.
- Due to contract with the US Federal Government must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident).
- Possess the willingness and flexibility to travel up to 100%.
- Work independently to plan and arrange travel accommodations within Rapiscan Systems | AS&E guidelines.
- Possess the flexibility and capability to deal with sudden changes (i.e. customer schedules, flight delays, on site weather delays, etc.).
- Maintain and organize expense receipts while in the field and work independently to manage administrative tasks, including timely submission of expenses.
- The ability to obtain site passes, clearances and Visas as required to carry out job responsibilities.
- Understand and comply with company travel policy.
- Maintain valid passport and credit card as required to support business travel.
- Ability to pass company background, driving, credit checks and drug screens, and maintain in good standing.
This position includes an education verification, credit check and driving record as part of our background check.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
OSI Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “OSI”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. If any person or entity, including a recruiter or agency, submits any information, including any resume or information regarding any potential candidate, without a signed agreement in place with OSI, OSI explicitly reserves the right to use such information, and pursue and/or hire such candidates, without any financial obligation to the person, recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited information or resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are considered and deemed to be the property of OSI.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
EEO is the Law