Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration, over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. Each Teledyne Marine company is a leader in its respective field, with a shared commitment to providing premium products backed by unparalleled service and support.
As part of the Teledyne Marine group, Teledyne RD Instruments revolutionized the industry through the development of the first acoustic Doppler current profiler (ADCP) and continues to be a global leader in acoustic Doppler innovations used for current profiling and precision navigation. Our game changing technology has allowed tens of thousands of scientists, engineers and researchers to explore and understand our world’s oceans, rivers and streams in a way that was previously thought impossible. With a staff of more than 150 scientists, engineers, technicians, and sales and support personnel, the company's San Diego-based global headquarters is an 80,000 square-foot ISO-9001:2008 facility that includes state-of-the art engineering, laboratory, manufacturing, and test areas.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
First line of support providing same-day response for customer-support related calls and emails during normal working hours. Provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex equipment and systems. May also provide work leadership and train internal employees. Assesses and responds to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software. Works under the general supervision of a department manager. Normally receives detailed instruction on all work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts pre-deployment planning with customers for on-site installation of equipment and follows established testing procedures to ensure proper working order.
- Conducts on-site commissioning and training.
- Trains customer personnel and possible OEM dealers in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities.
- Provide intermediate to advanced troubleshooting and repairing technical support to technicians and customers as required – particularly as related to new product introduction.
- Provides same-day response for customer-support related calls and emails during normal working hours.
- Develop and deliver technical presentations utilizing a strong knowledge of company products.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate resolution of intermediate technical challenges.
- Travel up to 35% required to provide on-site seminars and training to lead commissioning services.
- Assigned to the 24/7 after-hours support hot lines on a rotational basis.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals anddeadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully troubleshoot and conduct data analysis.
- Understands and applies Electronic and/or Acoustic principals and laws.
- Must be able to read and analyze electronic schematics, bills of material, and engineering drawings.
- Experienced writing reports and correspondence to a variety of reader types including customers, engineering personnel and company managers.
- Experienced speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization in presentations, training and Q&A seminar.
- Proficient in use of computer with MS Office Suite of programs.
- Ability to use hand tools and diagnostic equipment including TRDI products.
- Must possess U.S. citizenship or be a "U.S. Person". (A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ”Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).)