Job Description :
This position requires a multi-discipline Sustaining Engineer to perform problem analysis & disposition and in-house technical support for the F-35. Applicants will be required to accomplish in-depth analysis of F-35 Sub-Systems difficulties in support of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (LM Aero) Field Service Engineers(FSEs) and customers.
Coordinate evaluation of impacts from proposed problem resolutions. Remain current on all proposed and pending engineering changes for assigned systems and monitor systems performance indicators to identify emerging failure trends.
This individual will provide field technical support to operational, training and test sites. Ensure customer service and time objectives for Action Requests (ARs) are met. Coordinate required vendor and engineering support during investigation, fact finding, and resolution/disposition.
Must be able to effectively utilize technical and engineering data to perform problem analysis at the subsystem level. Track and status problems and input updates to the Problem Reporting and Resolution System.
Maintain open lines of communication with Team F-35 FSEs, maintenance and operations personnel to provide proactive support on assigned systems and to advise and status problem reports and action requests. Research, develop, and disseminate activity reports, Urgent Field Notices, and other information as required to field units for each assigned system.
Provide administrative support for the operational sites on aircraft ground maintenance and operational limitations. Support aircraft post delivery support efforts.
Provide on-site support as requested by customer, site manager or program management. Perform Operations Center Help Desk support and management reporting actions as required.
Support program technical interchange meetings and program plans development relating to problem analysis & disposition and in-house technical support.
The employee must be willing to work any shift and weekends, as dictated by customer requirements.
Some travel will be required. Periodic 24/7 on call coverage may be required.
- Experience with F-35 systems.
- Experience with Technical Report writing.
- Experience with Drawing and Schematic reading/interpretation
- Problem/fault isolation analysis experience, ideally Subsystem
- Experience with MS Office applications.
- Experience with F-35 Engineering applications
- Aerospace Engineering
- Engineering and mechanical experience
- Logistics support experience; experience in contractor support roles and responsibilities as it relates to in-house & on-site field support/service.
- Hands on mechanical ,electrical or structural repair experience
- Experience with F-35 Sub-Systems/air vehicle systems.
- Hands-on experience in military systems & repair a plus.
- Good knowledge of F-35 CRM (Customer Relationship Management)and ALIS.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively within an Integrated Project Team (IPT) and Team environment, and develop and present technical presentations.