Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 69 days ago
This role will be responsible for a Sales Territory that includes Eastern Canada (QC & NB), ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, & NJ.
The Field Sales Specialist Representative is responsible for driving new business and grow current business revenues by leveraging the production solutions portfolio through Direct Sales and VARs in an assigned territory and select named and vertical direct accounts. Strategic direction and consultative approach combined with ongoing professional development create the recipe for long-term growth and success. This position is a senior member of the sales team and is expected to Sell Direct to end users and to assist the VARs in development and sales support. This includes attending to regional and strategic existing customers and partnerships to reach revenue and profit targets.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Education and Training
· BS/BA degree in business and/or technology, or equivalent experience
· Minimum of Seven (7+) or more years' successful hardware/capital equipment sales
· Above average record of success demonstrated by over achievement of sales quota, awards, sales ranking, etc.
· Experience with all aspects of a direct and VAR based sales process
· Experience managing major accounts and working at multiple management levels.
· Experience in 3D Printing, CAD Software, and or Manufacturing is a strong benefit.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, margins and percentages. Ability to read and interpret documents such as budgetary information, procedure manuals, product data.
· Knowledge of various customer recruiting techniques and methodologies. A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of, and communicate, new technology trends, manufacturing processes and applications.
· Solid skills in CRM
· Knowledge of 3D printing market, product positioning and the competition preferred
· Solid skills in planning and organization with an ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
· Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
· Must have strong negotiation, analytical, business relationship, people management and strategic development skills.
· Exceptional communication skills (written, presentation and verbal).
WORKING ENVIRONMENT /PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires travel 50%-75% of the time.
It is the policy of 3D Systems to ensure a safe, healthy workplace for all its employees. All employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents immediately to their supervisors or Human Resources; wearing required personal protective equipment; and participating and supporting safety activities.
Quality in Everything Do! Our passion is satisfying customers by providing products and services to assure our customer’s success. Our goal is to provide consistently innovative, high quality products and services that assure our customer’s success. We do this by taking consistent, result-oriented actions in everything we do with a deliberate focus on quality, performance and customer success.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All employees are expected to understand and adhere to the standards defined in the Company’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Culture Guidelines.
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as "protected veterans"). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.