Field Sales Specialist
Utilize logistical engineering methods to understand, predict, and/or improve supply chain operations and efficiencies. Provide consistent, relevant, and accurate data analyses and support engineering decisions using data driven methods.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Supports the Supply Chain (manager) by developing domestic and global end-to-end supply chain network baselines. Builds interfacing element tables, including products, sites, demand, sourcing policies, transportation policies, and inventory policies.
- Extracts data from enterprise resource planning and business intelligence environments. Refines data issues via rule-based attribute, record, cell, and consistency (ARCC) processes.
- Analyzes "service only" and "low cost" baseline models. Models current and future state scenarios and cost/service implications.
- Prepares Greenfield and/or Brownfield cost-benefit and break even analyses.
- Improves product flow paths, including inbound consolidation, cross docking, port selection, and vendor direct strategies.
- Assists in translating complex system models (Llamasoft, Tableau) into executive-level presentations with analyses and data driven recommendations.
- Collaborates with Route Optimization to develop optimized transportationnetworks, including routes, modes, schedules, and fleets.
- Evaluates safety stock inventory levels and facility stocking strategies as needed.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in supply chain or industrial engineering preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), MicroStrategy, SQL Server, SPSS, PC Miler, MapPoint, Minitab, Tableau, Llamasoft. SAP and Oracle experience a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in a supply chain industry, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing sector
- Demonstrated ability to convert complex thoughts and models into simple messaging and executable strategies.