Working under general supervision of the VP of Technical Sales, the Data Center Sales Specialist supports all sales segments within their assigned geography. The Data Center Sales Specialist (DCSS) sells advanced technology solution sets which include server, storage, networking and virtualization. DCSS works in collaboration with the Sales teams to drive Data Center business into existing key account relationships as well as identify and generate new business in their assigned territories. The DCSS is responsible to meet or exceed Revenue and GP targets and develops account strategies to drive client engagement. The DCSS takes a strategic/consultative approach leveraging existing relationships (as well as creating new ones) with our strategic business partners/vendors to help Connection grow these key/focus accounts.
Other key initiatives; delivers Connection's NSP value proposition, conducts Quarterly Business Reviews, works on strategic project plans, provides updates on new offerings and services and serves as a trusted advisor to our clients and account managers. The DCSS presents to all levels including Manager, Director, VP and C-Levels as well as represents Connection at customer and vendor events as requested. The DCSS spends 70% of time on established accounts and 30% of time hunting for new business, focusing on datacenter technology sales.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills to include creating presentations, creating documents in Word to included advanced formatting, creating spreadsheets to include the use of macros
- Advanced technical knowledge of IT and Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) vendors
- Knowledgeable on Datacenter Technology such as; networking, servers, storage, virtualization.
- Adept at proactively finding business opportunities within existing customer base
- Demonstrated IT sales experience with an emphasis on developing and growing customer accounts and meeting/exceeding sales goals.
- Sound business development and account maturation skills
- Proven sales leadership skills with ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Action oriented, with strong executional skills
- Articulate with ability to express oneself in written and oral communication, in particular to have strong presentation skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Inquisitive information seeker with ability to ask probing questions to uncover root causes of problems
- Perceptive with ability to understand the needs and values of others
- Good listening skills with ability to receive information completely and understand what is being said
- Organized with time management skills and the ability to document activities, anticipate problems, plan schedules and monitor performance according to priorities and deadlines
- Quick study with ability to master a situation or learn new things with minimum direction or training
- Strategic thinker in future-oriented terms who anticipates and considers external and internal elements with ability to develop long-term plans to leverage resources
- Supportive mentor with ability to guide and develop team members
- Partner certifications specific to server, storage, networking and virtualization is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Science preferred
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a technical sales role