General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Field Sales Rep serves to manage, enhance and expand on product and/or services for existing customer base, while actively pursuing new customers within assigned sales territory. Assists customers with proper product selection and use based on agronomic needs. Maintains and develops profitable customer relationships and strives to become the market leader in the assigned sales geography.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in the agricultural industry
- CA PCA (Pest Control Advisor) license required. CCA Certificate would be a plus
- Intermediate level proficiency with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications and ERP order entry systems
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with customers and fellow team members including having the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with an ability to lead and influence
- Strong organizational skills required with excellent attention to detail and accuracy orientation along with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work with clientele within a 50-mile radius
- Willingness and desire to embrace technology to add value to service offerings for customers.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Management of existing customer base to ensure levels of service and sharing of product knowledge consistent with Wilbur Ellis practices and values to ensure retention of customer base.
- Identify new key customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop plans and actions for sales territory growth.
- Communicate with branch management the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans for maintaining existing customer base, enhancing service/product offerings to customer base and attracting and obtaining new customers.
- Serve as point person for managing the support resources for the territory including value-added nutrition, branded products, seed, purchasing and technology and overseeing the implementation and success of the plans and objectives with branch personnel.
- Responsible for sales territory budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Responsible for following credit policies and managing risk for the company
- Responsible for development of annual business plan that optimizes growth and profitability for the territory.
- Implements marketing and sales plans; establish and meet sales goals, and network with industry representatives to expand sales opportunities
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility
- Provide support to other team members necessary to attain branch and performance goals.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance skill set and knowledge base.
- Present a professional image to our customers in all interactions (verbal, computer and face-to-face) through personal appearance and overall demeanor.
- Become primary contact between your customers and Wilbur-Ellis Company including deliveries, forecasting, credit, complaint handling, custom application, etc.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies (i.e., credit, equipment usage, social media policy) and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to travel by automobile or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations or customer farms
- Ability to work long periods of time while standing
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift (up to 40 lbs. safely) easily
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus (dependent upon results achieved)
- Comprehensive company benefits.