Do you have a degree in soil or weed science, or perhaps agronomy crop production? Experience in Agronomy sales? Do you have the ability to build strong relationships and work independently? Are you an excellent communicator with the ability to lead and influence? If you said yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Field Sales Rep serves to manage, enhance and expand on product and/or services for existing customer base, while actively pursuing new customers within assigned sales territory. Assists customers with proper product selection and use based on agronomic needs. Maintains and develops profitable customer relationships and strives to become the market leader in the assigned sales geography.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in the agricultural industry
- CA PCA (Pest Control Advisor) license required. CCA Certificate would be a plus
- Intermediate level proficiency with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications and ERP order entry systems
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with customers and fellow team members including having the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with an ability to lead and influence
- Strong organizational skills required with excellent attention to detail and accuracy orientation along with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Willingness and desire to embrace technology to add value to service offerings for customers.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Management of existing customer base to ensure levels of service and sharing of product knowledge consistent with Wilbur Ellis practices and values to ensure retention of customer base.
- Identify new key customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop plans and actions for sales territory growth.
- Communicate with branch management the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans for maintaining existing customer base, enhancing service/product offerings to customer base and attracting and obtaining new customers.
- Serve as point person for managing the support resources for the territory including value added nutrition, branded products, seed, purchasing and technology and overseeing the implementation and success of the plans and objectives with branch personnel.
- Responsible for sales territory budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Responsible for following credit policies and managing risk for the company
- Responsible for development of annual business plan that optimizes growth and profitability for the territory.
- Implements marketing and sales plans; establish and meet sales goals; and network with industry representatives to expand sales opportunities
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility
- Provide support to other team members necessary to attain branch and performance goals.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance skill set and knowledge base.
- Present a professional image to our customers in all interactions (verbal, computer and face-to-face) through personal appearance and overall demeanor.
- Become primary contact between your customers and Wilbur-Ellis Company including deliveries, forecasting, credit, complaint handling, custom application, etc.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies (i.e., credit, equipment usage, social media policy) and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to travel by automobile or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations or customer farms
- Ability to work long periods of time while standing
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift (up to 40 lbs. safely) easily
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus (dependent upon results achieved)
- Comprehensive company benefits
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.