We are looking for a dynamic Director of Field Sales Operations to serve as the primary liaison to field sales leadership. The Director of Field Sales Ops will be responsible for translating corporate sales strategies into execution plans at a local business unit level, and act as the Sales Leader’s primary point of contact on all things Sales Operations. This is a perfect opportunity for someone that is passionate about building and executing Sales Operations strategies at a local level.
- Develop and execute an operational plan that translates corporate sales strategic initiatives into BU implementations.
- Develop, implement and evaluate BU sales strategy, based on knowledge of company objectives, industry trends, market characteristics, and other factors in concurrence with the existing sales objectives.
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to develop “go to market” models for the business group.
- Interpret analytics and research to drive sales strategy using internal data, market research and competitive research.
- Define and refine structured sales processes to improve conversions, shorten sales cycles, and maximize wins.
- Identify gaps in sales effectiveness/efficiency and improve internal sales process; to navigate pricing strategy, engage legal on deal structure, work with finance/accounting on deal terms and escalate pending conditions to obtain approvals.
- Coordinate and champion Marketing, Finance and Sales Enablement Centers of Excellence initiatives with Business Unit Field Sales & Account Management teams.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Inside Sales to establish sales campaigns and create lead flow efficiency.
- Perform sales support-based activities for sales leadership and sales executives.
- Provide guidance on sales policies and process.
- Basic understanding of sales tools
- Commercial industry specific experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years’ work experience, with 7+ years Field Sales Operations or Sales leadership experience
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate fashion in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SFDC a must (salesforce.com CRM)
- Experience working with in a Sales environment
- Strong analytics background
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Self-starter, capable of working through problems quickly
- Analytical, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Experience interacting with a wide variety of Sales, Marketing, and Executive leaders