What we're looking for:
Citrix powers a world where people, organizations and things are securely connected and accessible to make the extraordinary possible. We help customers reimagine the future of work by providing the most comprehensive secure digital workspace that unifies the apps, data and services people need to be productive, and simplifies IT's ability to adopt and manage complex cloud environments.
We’re currently looking for a State and Local Government Field Sales Manager to join our Public Sector team in the North Central US region. Are you an energetic sales professional with a passion for technology? If so, we need to talk!
The Field Sales Manager (Field Sales Manager) manages all direct and indirect selling activities within an assigned territory consisting of value-added resellers (volume and non-volume), strategic partners, prospects and customers to increase Citrix market share and revenue. Responsible for achieving or exceeding assigned revenue targets within an assigned territory, typically selling to government jurisdictions over 1000 employees.
- You'll prospect for new business, direct customer engagement, working with customers & partners to increase Citrix product knowledge and efficiencies, and whenever possible, leveraging ISV and alliance relationships to drive sales into end user accounts.
- You'll manage both an indirect customer procurement (channel) and direct customer engagement model.
- In this role, you'll leverage and maximizes CSA/SI/ISV partners as the fulfillment channel while working with Citrix end user accounts on IT initiatives.
- You'll be responsible for all aspects of the sale from pricing negotiations to contract development to ensuring successful order fulfillment once the order has been received and processed by Citrix.
- You will Manage weekly forecasts against revenue targets and works closely with inside sales counterpart(s) to manage the pipeline and set appropriate monthly and quarterly revenue expectations using Citrix-defined CRM and forecasting tools.
- Establish and lead teams of internal and external resources to identify, pursue, and close specific opportunities consistent with account strategies.
- Work closely to maintain close relationships with inside sales, systems engineers, consultants, and sales specialists to access to and leverage from appropriate internal resources.
- Understand and navigate account procurement practices to successfully negotiate profitable licensing contracts.
- Drive prompt resolution of customer issues and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with Citrix products and services.
- Serve as the primary client contact for non-technical or support issues requiring escalation.
- Provide regular and efficient updates on assigned accounts to sales management including accurate and timely sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years prior territory sales experience in a high tech environment in an indirect sales and procurement environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ
- Knowledge of sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcoming objections, return on investment analysis, closing the sale through appropriate procurement vehicle
- Experience in selling to Public Sector customers is preferred
- Knowledge of Citrix products is a plus
- Knowledge of complementary hardware and software solutions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability