If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
The role is responsible for the planning, communication and execution of our off/on-premise objectives with our distributor partners and the trade in the Pennsylvania market. The Manager will ensure we are achieving our fair share of business, growth and awareness in this important channel of business through regular interaction, account calls, training and education.
Sales Planning and Program Development
- In partnership with the GSM and Regional Manager, develop and conduct assigned distributor team plans, periodic team reviews, market surveys, competitive pricing surveys, and general sales meetings with distributor partners.
- Provide GSM and/or Regional Manager with market intelligence and recommendations for effective planning or programming.
- Develop monthly programming initiatives following defined commercial strategy.
- Manage distributor incentives driving positive results within established budget.
Execution and Communication of Sales Objectives
- Communicate all necessary information and brand education on Constellation Brands programs, strategies and standards to distributor sales team in order to achieve net sales value and distribution goals.
- Establish sales presence in the market and conduct regular distributor market work-withs to ensure CBI brand priority and initiatives are maintained.
- Implement sales performance measures and targets using the Constellation Brands CORE brand priorities with distributors while assisting in achieving expected results
- Call on and work with key off and on premise accounts from local independents to national/regional chains.
In Market Training and Relationship Development
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with key accounts, individual stores, and buyers. Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities.
- Work with, coach and educate distributor sales members on CBI brand priorities and standards.
- Provide product education sessions to Retailers, and other customers.
- Partner with Trade Marketing to understand brand health and needs.
Administration and Analysis
- Provide feedback to Regional Manager on market issues: opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity.
- Work with Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and as applicable leverage distributor sales data.
- Conduct post-promotional analysis in conjunction with SOM (as applicable).
- Conduct and report weekly progress checks of distributor performance for your assigned area.
- Basic financial skills to monitor monthly A/R statements and to develop cost/benefit strategies.
- Work with Regional Manager to develop pricing structures and pricing strategies.
- Insure required reports and T&E are turned in timely and as necessary.
- Regularly utilize internal tools such as Compass and Chatter to communicate business updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience in Alcohol & Beverage industry.
- Management experience required.
- Program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision-making experience.
- Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory.
- Keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system.
- Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, articulate with strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills. Ability to persuade and influence.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong technology.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional LocationsPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn