Reporting to the VP of Field Sales, the Field sales manager is responsible for coaching and developing knowledge, kills, effort and approach of a team of 5 – 8 professional sales representatives in order for each of them realize their personal and professional goals and for the team to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Meet and exceed market sales quotas
- Assist the sales team in driving new business
- Weekly tracking of key activity metrics (KPI’s) focused on pipeline management, prospecting, closing business, new customer onboarding
- Lead staffing, training and performance reviews to develop market sales performance and individual sales rep performance.
- Develop and assess sales staff, recruit talent, and communicate market and service line trends.
- Conduct Weekly One-on-One’s and Weekly Sales Team Meetings and Field Visits with sales representatives
- Provide reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to assure current and future goal attainment.
- Professionally represent company within the market place, i.e., trade association meetings.
- Serve as liaison between sales department and other departments.
- Analyze and control expenditures of sales team to conform to budgetary requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3 + years professional sales management experience
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to take initiative as well as balance competing priorities.
- Proven experience in a competitive, high-performance, target-driven environment
- Proven experience in a metric-based sales organization
- Extensive experience in a “hunter” or business development sales model
- Creative thinker with sound business judgment
- Effective Communication, Listening, Probing, Developing Relationships
- Word / Excel /PPT/Web/Outlook, Presenting
- Territory Management, Articulating Value, Sales Call Management, Sales Cycle Management, Pipeline Management
- Time Management, Coaching / Developing, Performance Management, Interviewing, On Boarding
- Perseverance, Discipline, Focus, Problem Solving, Achiever, Competence, Responsibility, Competitive, Business Thinking, Desire, Service, Vision, Developer, Empathy, Activator, Command, Stimulator, Persuasion
- Quota attainment to set objectives
Sales / Industry experience in the following a PLUS:
- Fleet Services
- Construction / General Contracting
- Building / Material Supplies
- Merchant Services
- Uniform / Business Services Industries
- Payroll services
- Industrial Services
- Copier Sales